Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Extra 500 Boro tickets already available

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
two tricky games before that, of course I'm hoping we'll win them both ,especially Derby + 'arry, ......long way to go, knowing we're only in the play-offs.......

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bang on the money. I was in the same boat (1140 points). Got onto the site soon as they became available for ST holders and got it sorted. Always managed in the past the same way. Get in quick and you get tickets. Fanny around and wait and you miss out and end up moaning on here like a little girl.

Do **** off mate I was on there 5mins before the off. For whatever reason some people seem to be able to get through and some didn't but it wasn't because I was slow on the uptake...and yeah I am pissed off

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why?

Middlesborough is the LAST GAME of the season.

Even if people WERE waiting to see our Fulham and QPR results before deciding to go, why should that be frowned upon? It's not like Boro is 1 hour away. It's losing a whole day to go and watch and A LOT of travel.

Maybe I'm a "bad fan" but I wouldn't pay £36+travel+food for the day to travel to the north (maybe 10 hours of total travelling) to watch a game where the result literally didn't matter for us.....and knowing I will see my team again this season in the playoffs. I wish I had the disposable income and time to, but I don't.

I made time knowing that this game now looked pivotal and I had been paid. Unfortunately missed out which is always a risk. Not quite sure why judgement on other people's situations needs to be made.

Tend to agree. We've bought tickets immediately after getting back from Brum but if the game is meaningless, probably won't go.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not many coming on here saying they got tickets this morning and not been put on ticket news that it has sold out.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Keep the abuse coming, I'm still a little confused as to why I'm taking the blame for you not being able to get a ticket.

I've simply pointed out that every single season ticket holder has had an opportunity since March 31st to buy a ticket for this game if they wished to do so.

Personal circumstances change, granted and for those people I genuinley feel sorry for, but I can't have any sympathy for those that have waited till this late stage to try and buy a ticket and then moan when the last 500 sell out in minutes.

You made a point of stating that those unable to get a ticket did not deserve to be there. That's the point I am taking issue with. Do you wish to address that point directly?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Do **** off mate I was on there 5mins before the off. For whatever reason some people seem to be able to get through and some didn't but it wasn't because I was slow on the uptake...and yeah I am pissed off

5 minutes before the off today or when they came on sale originally?

If it makes you feel better one of my best pals got in today and got a ticket which is handy as he organised our bus. How do I do laughey tears smiley face?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
You made a point of stating that those unable to get a ticket did not deserve to be there. That's the point I am taking issue with. Do you wish to address that point directly?

I think I've made my 'opinion' clear.

The very point of a discussion forum, a cross section of 'opinions'

Once again, every single season ticket holder has had an opportunity to purchase tickets for this game, those who's circumstances have changed I have genuine sympathy for, those that decided to leave it and make a decision nearer the time or off the back of the Fulham and QPR games I have little sympathy for and in my 'opinion' can't complain about being unable to get tickets at this late stage.

On that note I'm off to work.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
I logged in last night just before midnight, had a sleep and popped on at 8:58 this morning manage to add 2 in the lower level to basket , whoop whoop the boy will be happy

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
For high profile ticket sales it's common practice to log on to the ticket page sometime prior to the actual on sale time in the hope of getting in straight away. For gigs that I know will sell quickly I always do this, and for Glastonbury I'll be on a good half hour before sale. Sometimes the tickets will come on a minute or too before and you get lucky. Truth is, there were only 500 tickets on sale they were never going to take more than a minute or two to go so this sadly means a lot of unhappy fans missing out.

At least it is likely to be on tv, with the possibility of a beamback too. I think the atmosphere in Brighton should be pretty special should we successfully get promotion on the day for those who were unable to get tickets to the match.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
However the club do this some people will miss out and be pissed off, because it won't fit with their personal arrangements/circumstances. That's not the club's fault. There was always a risk in waiting until closer to the time (if you had enough points to get them earlier) that it would sell out - we haven't been to too many away matches but both had enough points (over 1050 I think) to get them in that wave so we went ahead as soon as we could - again personal circumstances permitted this and had no issues on that day. Have real sympathy for anyone that for whatever reason couldn't make an earlier decision but the opportunity was there - delaying the decision has stopped you getting a ticket. It's a big time/financial commitment for what could have been (and may still be) a bit of a dead rubber, particularly if we end up in the playoffs and the expense that will entail

Surprised some seem to have managed to get tickets today before 9am - would have thought, knowing the demand, someone would have made sure the system would have been timed to open at 9am so the electronic queue was fairly managed. No idea how this works (presumably in order of logging on) though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I haven't been able to get one either time despite having 1140 points. What is the point of a loyalty scheme if it isn't used. The jump was massive between the two barriers last time 1250 down to 1050 and this time it was ST holders only, both times it came down to the speed of your internet connection nothing more. Seems they have no problem selling me a ticket for Brum midweek or Forest but the big game is a bloody free for all...

I agree with this. I thought the whole point of the loyalty points scheme was exactly for games like this and yet they decided to go from a level of points with maybe 4,000 in it to one with 23,000 in it. Surely true could have staggered it through the points system a little better than that?

That said I have my ticket anyway as bought when first came out which everyone had the chance to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here