Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exclusion of a fan following incident at Brighton v Crystal Palace 27/09/11 [Merged]

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All seems very odd. Why on earth would the off duty police officer, if he is indeed a Brighton fan, make up the assault?

Is the Palace fan a fellow Mason ??? I don't think the Palace fans who were in the 1901 area would have been the usual mobile home types.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What concerns me most at the Amex at the moment is that one person appears to be all powerful and can exercise their right to do whatever they want without appeal. I call the person Mr Amex. Said person may think " mmm, I don't like the style of US's hair " one day and ban me for a spurious reason. Said person has had spats with friends I know and I know hates NSC with a passion. It's not an issue for me anymore as I cannot renew next season but said person does appear to be beyond question or reproach. Its a shame as I know of numerous excellent and wonderful employees over the years at the club with my dealings with Paul rogers, Paul Camillin, the ATIC team, countless others and of course the lovely Uncle Knight.

I do think though and people have commented that BHAFC is now just a marketing machine and we are just a number and the guys and girls who were at Gillingham or Hereford are not valued anymore than a JCL, Chelsea fan sth. Sad really.

ps - good luck with the e mail !

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Well said Albion Dan. Personally I hope you do make Tony Bloom are aware of what's gone on. And I for one will be asking the argus why they are not covering the story

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Having read that report the clubs actions are nothing short of DISGUSTING. The Head of Operations (Is that Richard Hebbard?) should be fired immediately in what is nothing short of an attempt to pervert the course of justice. The Coppers account is astoundingly contradictory to everything else, and for the HofO to ban a fan for TWO years, and refuse to communicate, on the back of that is OUTRAGEOUS.

Lastly, WELL DONE to the complainant in question for not being BULLIED by those responsible at the club, and CONGRATULATIONS for bringing the absolute travesty of the clubs behaviour out in the open. I'm tempted to send that report to Tony Bloom himself should there be an attempt to cover it up from him should he not already know how certain people in his employment are treating our supporters.

This.

I can't understand why someone being an off-duty police officer somehow makes their testimony carry more weight than anyone else's? You don't have to look further than the pages of that report to see that they will create complete fictions with best of them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Everything was always going to change at the Amex, that is what happens when you become a soundly funded football club as opposed to losing hand over fist at Withdean and just exist.

Sad but the reality of becoming a proper club again.

Jan 30, 2008
Everything was always going to change at the Amex, that is what happens when you become a soundly funded football club as opposed to losing hand over fist at Withdean and just exist.

Sad but the reality of becoming a proper club again.
is there anything proper in all this though ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
is there anything proper in all this though ???

No there isn't and it does not read well however the club can afford to do what they want with fans when there is a waiting list for season ticket holders

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
blimey IT WAS ONLY A WHILE BACK THEY WERE BEGGING PEOPLE TO ATTEND GAMES :nono:

Yes but the boot is firmly on the other foot as demand outstrips supply

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Following the meeting, the club wrote to the complainant saying, among other things, that his contention that the Palace fan had goaded home fans was not supported by witnesses and that, of the witness statements he had provided, some had not seen the altercation and others did not contradict the version the club had received from elsewhere. Neither of those statements was correct.

Who was putting their name to a letter that an independent ombudsman found to contain incorrect statements.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
no no I know they are real fans , but some clubs have reps. from the suporters who can get a balanced view , TLO you would be a good choice know we hand bags in past but I think you and say lord b would be great as fans reps

I think LB should be let off this one, as there might be a FLARE UP and as there is no smoke without FIRE any CONFLAGRATION might be difficult to put out, if left to the participants.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Whoever invited that Palace fellow into the 1901`s in the first place needs shooting. It is obviously going to kick off at THAT fixture.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
This is absolutely outrageous and frankly disgraceful that the club (or person(s) within the club) seem to feel they can act as judge, jury and executioner without any kind of internal appeal procedure in place, and wilfully lie in order to make their point. A public apology to the STH in question and large financial compensation are the two things that should come out of this as an absolute minimum. I also think there's a very strong case for some people to have their employment terminated for gross misconduct.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
From reading that report, it is obvious that this was one big f*** up from start to finish. But I think that it should remain between the club and the supporter, unless the supporter asks others to get involved.

I have had reason to speak to Richard Hebberd on two occasions, and both times he has been nothing short of professional. Can only say my experiences with the guy.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Didn't the guy also post it got him into trouble with his employers, even though, as it's turned out he was innocent all along ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think LB should be let off this one, as there might be a FLARE UP and as there is no smoke without FIRE any CONFLAGRATION might be difficult to put out, if left to the participants.

strike light

light firework

stand well back

It's up to LB and LB alone to put his name forward with anything like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here