Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Excited?

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
laid out my Brighton shirt in readiness before work and wife put a flag in the window. only have to suffer a working day before going home, picking up the wife and child and hot footing it to the Amex.
Want to get their early but fear traffic and rain etc will mean a wet trudge/march to the ground and a rushed pint/burger combo leaving half behind.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
it's a strange one. This moment feels every bit as a milestone as Mansfield at Withdean , Doncaster at the Amex and getting promoted to the prem.

I know we have had closure since we got to the Amex but it really does feel a special occasion tonight

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Up at 5.00am to watch. May not be able to sleep so will check out when the coverage starts.

Still seems unreal somehow.

Enjoy the game all at the ground.
Yep, it’s going to be an early start in the morning🥱

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Absolutely buzzing.

Mild PANIC earlier when my GOUT threatened to make a re-emergence, but seem to have squashed it back down again with nurofen and remedies.

If you want to know which one I am, I'll be the one in WSU this evening just endlessly drinking water.

Also was panicked about the thought of doing the stairs up and (even worse) down from WSU - with Gout that would be horrendous.

Similar panic but with sciatica. Dreading the WSU stairs tonight but no way am I missing this. Now, can I drink alcohol with Naproxen?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Absolutely buzzing.

Mild PANIC earlier when my GOUT threatened to make a re-emergence, but seem to have squashed it back down again with nurofen and remedies.

If you want to know which one I am, I'll be the one in WSU this evening just endlessly drinking water.

Also was panicked about the thought of doing the stairs up and (even worse) down from WSU - with Gout that would be horrendous.
Mine reared up in my foot yesterday. I've doubled up anti inflammatories and drunk so much water I feel sick. Also taken so much colchicine I'm fully expecting diarrhoea soon but there's no way I'm missing this and having a few beers.

Thankfully it seems to be subsiding and I only have a slight limp now.

I'll deal with the gout later if comes back with a vengeance tomorrow.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
it's a strange one. This moment feels every bit as a milestone as Mansfield at Withdean , Doncaster at the Amex and getting promoted to the prem.

I know we have had closure since we got to the Amex but it really does feel a special occasion tonight
I'm excited but nowhere near as much as I was for our first game in the 1st Division, the FA Cup final or the first game at the Amex. Maybe it's a sign of age; maybe it's a sign that I've started to get accustomed to us winning games.

Don't get me wrong: I can't wait to get there with my new Europa shirt and I'm sure the atmosphere will be great but I think the game in a fortnight's time is going to be a bigger buzz - seeing the Albion playing in Europe will be unreal.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Similar panic but with sciatica. Dreading the WSU stairs tonight but no way am I missing this. Now, can I drink alcohol with Naproxen?
Yes you can.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I walked around town this morning. A bit drizzly. Pockets of AEK fans at coffee shops in North Laine. It’s quiet out there.

I’m back home for lunch now.

I’ll investigate further soon.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I will be walking slower than both of you and possibly celebrating any goal we score sitting down. My ankle appears to be totally mashed after an 11 mile, 1000ft altitude gain hike in the Tatras on Sunday followed by stacking it on an electric bike / scooter combo (hire bloke said 'don't take it off road' - we took it off road) on Monday. Ibuprofen and ice being applied. I will get up the WSU stairs if it takes me an hour (and it might - but hopefully a lot less).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Weird feelings today. Ocassional attending prior to, and then ST Holder since 2001 (15 years old) and so proud to say "I was there" at the key moments as well as Tuesday nights in the rain at Withdean.

Unfortunately, the joys of poor mental 'elf n all that have meant that attending football is simply not going to happen at the moment. Still kept the ST with the hope of coming back but let friends take it each game.

So, sitting down on the sofa tonight and watching this moment will be a real mix. Utter joy and pride at what has been achieved but I will also be a bit "why couldn't my head of gone a bit odd in, say 2015 when we were a bit pants."

Enjoy it to those going. What a moment.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
I'm hoping this won't come back to bite me in the ass, but considering the quality of the sides the teams in our group play every week, I'm fully confident that Brighton will be the better team in all of our six group matches – especially since neither of our opponents ever play with low defences. That doesn't mean we'll win them all of course, it's football after all, but it should be enough to qualify for the playoffs with some margin. I think that's when my excitement/nervousness will hit new highs, when it's win or go home.

That said, four ales waiting in the fridge, my lucky socks already on, spent haft my time at work reading about the game tonight, and I'm sure I've been walking around with a big old silly smile on my face all day.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Waiting for my lad to put his RADA training to good use, feign illness and drive half the length of the country to get to the game.

Come on son, release that inner Adam Woodyatt.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Glad you mention Mansfield at Withdean. I was as pumped up then as I am today. I got told off by someone sitting behind me for shouting and jumping up too much. What a day that was.
Different levels now of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here