Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Excited?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yep. Home from work around 4.30. Collect takeaway from our local Greek restaurant around 6.45. I will probably go for the platter in honour of the occasion, even though it is almost impossible to eat it all. Then settle down to watch the match on tv.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Waiting for my lad to put his RADA training to good use, feign illness and drive half the length of the country to get to the game.

Come on son, release that inner Adam Woodyatt.
Animated GIF

I'm not sure that's good advice.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Weird feelings today. Ocassional attending prior to, and then ST Holder since 2001 (15 years old) and so proud to say "I was there" at the key moments as well as Tuesday nights in the rain at Withdean.

Unfortunately, the joys of poor mental 'elf n all that have meant that attending football is simply not going to happen at the moment. Still kept the ST with the hope of coming back but let friends take it each game.

So, sitting down on the sofa tonight and watching this moment will be a real mix. Utter joy and pride at what has been achieved but I will also be a bit "why couldn't my head of gone a bit odd in, say 2015 when we were a bit pants."

Enjoy it to those going. What a moment.
As you are the Paul McCartney of player songs, and someone who never fails to make me laugh, I'm wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

I'll be there draped in 97/98 Super League Donatello getup, that's how excited I am.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Similar panic but with sciatica. Dreading the WSU stairs tonight but no way am I missing this. Now, can I drink alcohol with Naproxen?
Absolutely buzzing.

Mild PANIC earlier when my GOUT threatened to make a re-emergence, but seem to have squashed it back down again with nurofen and remedies.

If you want to know which one I am, I'll be the one in WSU this evening just endlessly drinking water.

Also was panicked about the thought of doing the stairs up and (even worse) down from WSU - with Gout that would be horrendous.
If anybody wants a piggyback up to WSU from a relatively fit 70 year old, I’d be happy to oblige.
very reasonable rates, and a weight limit of 2 stone applies.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Even more ridiculously excited now!

I think the Bobkin Jnrs are in danger of disowning me at the stadium tonight...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Worthy of NSC (from the aek fan site):

Like the anecdote about the blondes who were on the branch and were sawing it. And the old woman passed by and told them what are you doing there, you will fall... they broke their faces and when they saw her again they said to each other look at the medium!!!!

So are you. Who would have believed it when the souvlaki eaters were raving that we would immediately get a top player, we don't need anything, he has arrived, everything is complete, the 35-year-old and the mukudi are enough... And they had already prepared

the reports for the hotel in Spata and now they have to wait. Fortunately, we did not run like children to get the toy and now we will see it live. Another year of sabotage...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I have returned from my second walk around town.

Still quiet. We passed several groups of AEK fans on their way to The King and Queen. They were very friendly, fist bumping us, with affable greetings.

The King and Queen itself looked very quiet. One police van and one car opposite, police looking bored. A few Greek fans chatting amiably with the bouncer on the door.

Haven't gone near the station yet, so cannot report on whether the atmosphere is building up there.

The sun is out!

Sorry @Garry Nelson's Left Foot, I didn't think to take any pictures.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I'm so excited and for me, its genuinely because of the occasion. I will be desperate for us to win, but am determined to enjoy this bit of history regardless of performances and results. We might stroll through tonight, we might get our backsides handed to us - tonight I don't mind, I simply don't want to miss a thing as we may not get this experience again. Loud and proud for the players, the Club and Sussex By The Sea!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My stomach is knotted to hell. Getting the 17.33 train from HSK. Need to drop Ms Spongy at the north reception for 18.30 to do her mascot thing and she'll be chaperoned back to her seat after so I'm at a loose end! Haven't been this nervous for a game since the 2nd leg Vs Weds🤢

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I feel excited and and sick. The last time I felt like this was a few years ago and I was waiting in hospital to have a cesarean!

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Escaped work and so excited. A quick couple in the pub and then onto Seagulls travel at 6.15. I keep feeling tearful, the while thing is just incredible! Wonder if it will feel the same in Marseille?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here