GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
IMG_7972.gif

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I normally work from home but am on a train to London for some meetings today.
I’ve made it clear I’m not staying any longer than I have to. Hoping to be on a train back at 3-something.
It’s been a long journey since my first game at the Goldstone back in 1970, but this is the most excited I’ve been for a game for a very very long time.
Brighton in European competition. It still sounds surreal.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have rugby training this evening so won't be getting to the ground until about 7.40, I hope that gives me a flavour of the atmosphere.

I'll be coming straight from the session, so if you see someone with a Hove Girls Rugby training top,that will be me 😂

I must say that I think my attention will be wandering a little during the session...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve woken up with a bad tummy.
(Details to come) could it be nerves - at my age ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I often cover classes at the school I work at. Today it would be lovely, and it seems I may be fortunate enough, to do a load of admin instead. If so I can keep one eye on the buildup and keep the excitement running high. I feel like a kid waking up at Christmas, honestly this week has been like a very long high. I am sure we will not be disappointed tonight though anything is possible and I will not take things for granted.

I am so glad I have the history I do with the club, all the joys and triumphs of the 70's which soon enough turned to nightmares and then eventually this joyous and unexpectedly wonderful destination. I love you Brighton and Hove Albion, after my family you are my one true love.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I remember 30 years ago when my younger daughter was at primary school one of her friends was a Manure supporter and she said: “Man U are playing tonight. it should be well easy. They’re not even in the Premier League!”
it was AC Milan, and they took Man U to the cleaners.

I don’t think we share the same naivety!

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
This has been in my head all summer and esp will be today (you probably need to be in your fifties though!)

If I can be arsed to get it made, if you see a flag in Amsterdam or Athens with “…we’ll be the pirate twins again…” it’s mine

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Most excited I think I’ve ever been in the Amex era, and include our cup semis in that. This is special. Can only be one first time. Absolutely massive occasion and I am hoping for an electric atmosphere to put even Chelsea at home last season to shame.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
terrible night's sleep, not just related to tonight but that certainly hasn't helped busy morning unfortunately butt hoping to get into town early to enjoy the build up and take it all in

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Woke every hour, been awake since 4am, have also dealt with an eviscerated mouse that was delivered at about 6:15am. Was supposed to work on campus today, but have decided to WFH, will probably get a slap on the back of the wrist for not coming in today, but 'meh'.. it's Europa Day!

Happy Big Lebowski GIF

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Most excited I think I’ve ever been in the Amex era, and include our cup semis in that. This is special. Can only be one first time. Absolutely massive occasion and I am hoping for an electric atmosphere to put even Chelsea at home last season to shame.
It’s obviously up there but I think I’d put the Donny and Wigan games just ahead. I can’t put into words exactly what I mean but they kind of felt like emotional endgames after years of fighting and heartbreak. Today feels like another glorious step and milestone in our growth and success as a club that has surged ahead quicker than we ever could have believed in the last two years but is not stopping here!

Another wonderful day supporting this amazing football club whatever!

el punal

This is absolute madness! I’ve got my Europa League shirt out and for the last three days trying to work out what I should wear with it - jeans or shorts, over a hoodie, with or without an Albion scarf . . . decisions, decisions. On top of that I’ve got a lift and leaving four hours earlier than for a normal evening game. Even Mrs.Punal is now quoting every news snippet about our historic day. I’m a bundle of nerves and expectation. Nurse! Nurse! :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here