Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evolution and Big Bang are lies from Hell

Will religion one day be uncovered as the lie from hell?
I understand this is what the thread is about, but who would get this idea across to the loving religious?
They would kill you to prove how deeply loving is their God

How many people does the devil actually kill in the bible? How many does god kill? I can't help thinking that some may have got things the wrong way around somewhere. (Assuming it is not all a fairy tale and bears some material relevance of course).

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
I don't take credit for this I got it from somewhere else but I think it's a good point

"The thing is with life as such, when it evolves, it evolves in the environment it is in. There are some evidence that there are live bacteria in very hot places on our planet, i.e. life can arise in different circumstances than our current one,Basically, we're judging our current condition as the "perfect" one and only possible solution only because we can't compare to another different condition, and because of that ignorance, people tend to draw religious conclusions."

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Yeah, I was aware of all that I was just asking the Creationist (as I believe that is topbanana's guilty secret) as he was wondering where all the energy had come from, where he thought the physical 'stuff' had come from if the Big Bang is just some preposterous lie.

Anyway, it'll be a pointless argument, a bit like discussing 9/11 with one of the Tin Foil Hat crew.

Ok, I was just providing a potential answer to any creationists question.

As someone once said (maybe even on NSC). Why do people believe carte blanche in the words of one book (the bible) which are writings from thousands of years ago and yet discount the peer checked scientifically verified findings of thousands of other books (geological, biological, astonomical) that contradict it.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
How many people does the devil actually kill in the bible? How many does god kill? I can't help thinking that some may have got things the wrong way around somewhere. (Assuming it is not all a fairy tale and bears some material relevance of course).

This.

Take Noah's Ark for example.

"Hey Noah, there's lots of shit going down in the world at the moment, and I'm a bit pissed off about it. So, I think that genocide is the only option. You seem like a nice fella so you go and build yaself a big old boat mate. And chuck some animals on as well. Yes, I did say its got to be BIG!"

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You can not believe in science and God. And just because he does doesn't make the existence of God more probable.

Every time this sort of question comes up on here, the same old tired arguments get rehearsed. I am living proof that you CAN believe in God and Science, and I am certainly, most certainly, absolutely certainly not alone.

As a trained preacher, I have been taught that the creation story is just that a STORY, not that I needed teaching that because, if the training had presented anything else, I would have argued against it and not accepted it. If anybody had attempted to teach my children when they were of school age the creation story or any of this intelligent design mullarkey when they were at school, I would have complained most vociferously - and publicly if need be, and the senator or whatever who is churning out this sort of tosh is several steps behind normal people on the evolutionary scale.

Rant over. I feel better for that. And I hope nobody comes back with any of this "but it says in your bible..." stuff, because intelligent and thinking Christians would question and argue about just about everything that is contentious. I was talking to someone the other day who had been involved in a debate recently about the possibility that Mary was raped by a Roman Soldier.

For many people, it is not about what so many others would dismiss as fairy tales, it is more about the sort of life that jesus led, his teachings, his compassion, his sense of Justice (was Jesus a Communist - discuss), his righteous anger and, if the truth were known, his own rebellion against authority and - dare i say it - Fundamentalism.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Please tell me they edited out a "LOL JUST KIDDING" at the end of that.

I genuinely cannot understand how a single person on the Earth can believe the bible and live their life by it. I'm fine with all the 'be good' stuff, but a God like the one described in the bible simply cannot exist.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
More to the point magoo you don't need to "believe" in science. It doesn't take any faith. Science is testable and is able to prove or disprove most of its theories over time. When science is wrong it changes its mind.

Religion requires faith to "believe" in what it says because there is little to no actual evidence that most of its claims have or ever will happen.

Therefore it is unnecessary to "believe" in science, so I would argue that you can be scientific and also religious at the same time.

To clarify, you have belief in god, but an understanding of science. I would say that a huge number of people fall into this category.

I think I conform to what you are describing.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
Every time this sort of question comes up on here, the same old tired arguments get rehearsed. I am living proof that you CAN believe in God and Science, and I am certainly, most certainly, absolutely certainly not alone.

As a trained preacher, I have been taught that the creation story is just that a STORY, not that I needed teaching that because, if the training had presented anything else, I would have argued against it and not accepted it. If anybody had attempted to teach my children when they were of school age the creation story or any of this intelligent design mullarkey when they were at school, I would have complained most vociferously - and publicly if need be, and the senator or whatever who is churning out this sort of tosh is several steps behind normal people on the evolutionary scale.

Rant over. I feel better for that. And I hope nobody comes back with any of this "but it says in your bible..." stuff, because intelligent and thinking Christians would question and argue about just about everything that is contentious. I was talking to someone the other day who had been involved in a debate recently about the possibility that Mary was raped by a Roman Soldier.

For many people, it is not about what so many others would dismiss as fairy tales, it is more about the sort of life that jesus led, his teachings, his compassion, his sense of Justice (was Jesus a Communist - discuss), his righteous anger and, if the truth were known, his own rebellion against authority and - dare i say it - Fundamentalism.

Do you agree with Adam & Eve and the whole idea of them bringing sin into the world though?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Please tell me they edited out a "LOL JUST KIDDING" at the end of that.

I genuinely cannot understand how a single person on the Earth can believe the bible and live their life by it. I'm fine with all the 'be good' stuff, but a God like the one described in the bible simply cannot exist.

Which previous post were you referring to? If it was mine, which was immediately above it, you missed the point.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

All of this.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Which previous post were you referring to? If it was mine, which was immediately above it, you missed the point.

I was referring to the original video. Your post makes sense, the bible is a story and nothing more in my opinion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As a trained preacher, I have been taught that the creation story is just that a STORY, not that I needed teaching that because, if the training had presented anything else, I would have argued against it and not accepted it.
Yep, got that.
intelligent and thinking Christians would question and argue about just about everything that is contentious.
There are many, many Christians that won't.
I was talking to someone the other day who had been involved in a debate recently about the possibility that Mary was raped by a Roman Soldier.
What do you think? Do you think that her being a virgin is a story, just like the creation story? Do you therefore accept that Jesus wasn't the son of God? He was a compassionate man that preached a good way of life?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The problem with creationsists is they don't realise that science and nature are a marvel by themselves. They are the miracle. The idea that the could exist without design or intention is just too big a concept for them to grasp. I struggle with the idea of God and Science existing side by side and am not really convinced by this statement.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Do you agree with Adam & Eve and the whole idea of them bringing sin into the world though?

If I don't believe in the Creation Story, by definition I don't believe in Adam and Eve. And Sin is something that people can argue about for hours.

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
Evolution is just a theory to be fair, and so is creationism.

Who is anyone to say either theory is true? Like you know! Don't care what your points are to back it up, you can't be sure.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Evolution is just a theory to be fair, and so is creationism.

Who is anyone to say either theory is true? Like you know! Don't care what your points are to back it up, you can't be sure.

Evolution is very, very far from "Just a theory". What a ridiculous post.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
If I don't believe in the Creation Story, by definition I don't believe in Adam and Eve. And Sin is something that people can argue about for hours.

So why is Jesus a saviour and who is he a saviour to if Adam & Eve didn't bring sin to the world?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here