Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyone in that away end...take a bow

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You say that, but the constant banging of the advertising hoardings at the front and the back wall of the stand at the back is tantamount to a drum being present. Add to that the noise made by stamping feet on the suspended floor, all in all I thought that percussion made the chants last longer, made them louder, and made them more passionate. Take that away and last night and the atmosphere wouldn't have been as good.

The stamping feet made everything louder which made the singing louder. The roof also had an overhang which helped the acoustics.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You say that, but the constant banging of the advertising hoardings at the front and the back wall of the stand at the back is tantamount to a drum being present. Add to that the noise made by stamping feet on the suspended floor, all in all I thought that percussion made the chants last longer, made them louder, and made them more passionate. Take that away and last night and the atmosphere wouldn't have been as good.

This. The banging of the advertising board at he back started a lot of the chants. A drum used sparingly would do the same.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
i heard that we sold out the whole away end but didn't know that we had extra!
Was a great turnout from everyone (albion) just after christmas.
You done well to get it on radio over there! how many hours behind/infront are you?
i would of loved to hear what it sounded like, although being part of it was actually incredible.

We are 1 hr ahead but I heard it on player :) However it is so slow that the time difference almost catches up lol

Last night I was reading about the 2nd goal about 5 minutes before I heard it.

Would love to have been there. I may change my strategy and come over for a couple of away games in future. (I was over for the Wigan & Blackburn games) although I love going to the Amex, the atmosphere was a bit flat for both games.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Must be one of my favourite away days of recent years! Went with low expectations but atmosphere was excellent and players gave their all for the team.

Having not felt well the last few days, I am so glad I made myself go last night. Only previous league away game I missed so far this season was Leeds so would have been gutted to miss another win!

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
We are 1 hr ahead but I heard it on player :) However it is so slow that the time difference almost catches up lol

Last night I was reading about the 2nd goal about 5 minutes before I heard it.

Would love to have been there. I may change my strategy and come over for a couple of away games in future. (I was over for the Wigan & Blackburn games) although I love going to the Amex, the atmosphere was a bit flat for both games.

at least you was prepared to be excited during reading the goals go in and then you go scream etc when you heard it lol!
Bournemouth away this year was stupidly loud but thats one of the best.

If only we could get the amex like that, i think in time it will be but not for a while. :albion2:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Must be one of my favourite away days of recent years! Went with low expectations but atmosphere was excellent and players gave their all for the team.

Agree with you. Great atmosphere. Passion and commitment from the players. And the right result.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
That away end has everything. Old skool, great acoustics, loud floors, that weak aluminum sheeting at the back, pretty decent stewarding and it's large! Nearly the whole end stood, sang a great selection of songs and went mental when we scored!

One of the best away days

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Absolutely incredible night, i've travelled to a lot of away games but that one is right up there with some of the best. The sound from our fans was deafening and to be singing from start to finish showed just how much we are behind the team.

I for one felt very pleased for Nathan Jones, he hasn't got many fans but you cannot doubt his passion for the club. He may not get the managers job on a permanent basis but he is giving a very good account of himself in the meantime.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The stamping feet made everything louder which made the singing louder. The roof also had an overhang which helped the acoustics.

Warmed our feet up which was good as well. A special night.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Superb old skool away day. As a steward said to me on the way out, we weren't a good crowd we were a great crowd.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Anyone got a pic of the whole away end?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone got a pic of the whole away end?

photo6.jpg