Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyone in that away end...take a bow

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Imagine that - plenty of anti-Palace fans, none of this new bollocks that the police box crew insist on singing at The Amex, every single old school Brighton song being sung and the atmosphere is good

Who'd have thought it. Maybe now we can drop all the pretentious bollocks sung at home games, sing proper Albion songs and it could be like that every week
I feel a bit stupid saying "this" as it is so bleeding obvious...

The Police Box Gang need to be given a songsheet containing the 10 or so proper Brighton songs that everyone knows and enjoy joining in with. Even the penalty goal celebration (see other thread) was better when a proper "Albion" chant drowned out the eurojumping chant...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Or at home nobody bothers to sing the Albion songs we all know. Hence the adaptation of all these piss poor German songs, not to mention if its not on the Judges song sheet nobody else will join in

I really don't know BR, you may be right. What i will say is that i have heard the old and trusty songs sung in the NS and looked around.........plenty of fans just standing there, gawping, emotionless.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Disapointed there was no Jingley bells sung. Always my favourite around xmas and getting an away win.

Tremendous atmosphere, up there with Bournemouth away this season for best atmosphere.

Going to have a black eye tomorrow from the flying headbutt I recieved after the second goal. What a chest down by COG by the way.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
My mate text me saying what a night 6 pints a curry finishing of with a Brilliant display 2-0 3points:rave::tantrum:I wasn't at the game

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Excellent night. Was amazing to be part of. Everyone sung their hearts out. I would of loved to hear it on radio.
Just got back too, just tucking into bed with my ears ringing.
Love being an Albion fan

You sounding F***ing great here in Malta!

Well done all. Great atmosphere. W.A. reckoned there were another 500 Albion fans in the "neutral" section next to the away supporters too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
GUTTED not have been there as the Albion fans sounded amazing on the radio. Bloody glad I've already got a Charlton ticket though. Three London aways in a row should restore everyone's mojo.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Whilst one swallow does not make a summer, last night reminded me of all the good things associated with BHA, away (night) games and how to get a sore throat. Great stuff.

:albion2:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Was it that bad, there needs to be a serious get together over this if true as we are one club so why if one lot sings one things others throw handbags and refuse to sing is very petty and perhaps more so divisive.

Last night was an exception but that's the way it seems at most away games these days. Possibly the same situation in the NS at the AMEX but one wouldn't know.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Disapointed there was no Jingley bells sung. Always my favourite around xmas and getting an away win.

Tremendous atmosphere, up there with Bournemouth away this season for best atmosphere.

Going to have a black eye tomorrow from the flying headbutt I recieved after the second goal. What a chest down by COG by the way.

The last time I received a similar flying headbutt was when Matt Edwards scored that winner against Pompey at the Goldstone.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Also was thinking about giving this post its own thread but think it belongs here on this unity thread. Last night I sat immediately in front of the directors box and our guys.

After the criticism we (and I) have meted out recently, I must give credit where credit is due to Paul Barber. I can personally vouch for the fact that Paul was living and breathing every kick last night bedecked in Albion colours.

The fans were awesome from where we were sitting. Real goosebumps stuff and feels like a tipping point.

I would urge Paul now to use this opportunity to reign in a few things (i.e. stewarding, review catering, starting meetings with the words 'we will not discuss' etc..) and we can move forward together.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
You sounding F***ing great here in Malta!

Well done all. Great atmosphere. W.A. reckoned there were another 500 Albion fans in the "neutral" section next to the away supporters too.

i heard that we sold out the whole away end but didn't know that we had extra!
Was a great turnout from everyone (albion) just after christmas.
You done well to get it on radio over there! how many hours behind/infront are you?
i would of loved to hear what it sounded like, although being part of it was actually incredible.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
One memorable moment for me last night was while we were sitting in the London traffic after the game. We were approx 5 miles from Fulham. A group of lads realised our coach was Brighton fans and gave a rousing performance of Albion...Albion. At the top of their voice,much to the amusement of the locals and us.:albion2::lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
been following the Albion for 30 years and i struggle to remember many better atmospheres than last night. Fantastic stuff.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No drum either. if the team puts a shift in, so do the fans. never been any different.

You say that, but the constant banging of the advertising hoardings at the front and the back wall of the stand at the back is tantamount to a drum being present. Add to that the noise made by stamping feet on the suspended floor, all in all I thought that percussion made the chants last longer, made them louder, and made them more passionate. Take that away and last night and the atmosphere wouldn't have been as good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here