Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Only looked like pulling our fingers out when we went to 4 at the back. Quite why Potter took Montoya off who is a RB and then sent Webster out to RB was beyond me.

Alzate and Murray improved us when they came on. Maupay could do with learning about how to control a ball and hold the ball up from Murray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Listening rather than at game or watching a stream, but sounds like a spirited second half performance, notwithstanding the outpouring of negativity by some on here.

Watched a stream.
Better 2nd half but compared to a dire first half, that doesn't mean a lot.

Similar level of performance to the Massive defeat. I like Potter, but would like to see us get the formation and tactics right in the first half, rather than in the last 30 minutes at 1 or 2 nil down.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Only looked like pulling our fingers out when we went to 4 at the back. Quite why Potter took Montoya off who is a RB and then sent Webster out to RB was beyond me.

Alzate and Murray improved us when they came on. Maupay could do with learning about how to control a ball and hold the ball up from Murray.

Subbing Montoya was one of the highlights of the game.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Severe lack of pace in the team , we can’t counter attack quick enough. Trossard and Ali j can’t just run past people with their pace .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Just a proper infuriating watch today, really. I think more because I know that we’re MUCH better than what we showed for 80 minutes of that game. So unbelievably inconsistent. Here’s to next week though.

I agree with what you are saying but we are also only as good as the team you are playing let's you play. Everton are not a bad side and now have a good manager and some superstar players. We only play better than last season when we are up against an out of form team, Bournemouth, Arsenal, to name two. We have to play these two out of form teams, Arsenal are better than when we last played them.........we may struggle in games we thought we may gain points. Let's hope we can beat Villa.:banana:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I would love to know how our football expert and now head of recruitment Dan Ashworth, who once stated his main task was to keep the manger in a job, feels how the side is progressing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You didn’t watch it then?

Very little to do with luck, second best all over the pitch for 75 minutes.

It was inevitable Everton would be up for it, but surprising how little fight we had.

The harsh reality IMO, is that Ancelotti is a better manager than Potter, but the biggest factor is Everton have better, stronger players.

We hit the bar, Pickford pulled off a good save from Murray’s header and his chip was inches wide. Any one of those go in and we’re going home with a point. I watched from 20 mins and the goal was quality but I don’t recall Ryan having that much to save. Didn’t see the penalty call but the second goal was handball. At a place like Goodison against good players in form for the most part you need some luck.

Anyone who was expecting us to be dominant is deluded and a bit entitled imo.

Some serious over reaction on this thread, we were competitive given the gulf in the quality of players out there today. We were in the game until the final whistle and yeah I reckon we need some luck in games like that :shrug:

Still team Potter we’d have just rolled over as soon as we went a goal down last season

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think everyone is doing Everton a disservice.

I thought they were excellent. Kept their shape brilliantly. Closed down in numbers in the midfield and wide areas. Their central defenders stepped out and made good tackles further upfield and they were inventive moving forward.

Sometimes you just have to hold your hand up and say. The opposing side were better and they totally nullified everything out there today.

The points pere game for now is still decent.

There will be matches to come when the opposition won't play as well. Such as Bournemouth. Those points were invaluable.

No alarm bells ringing as of yet because the odd win here and there keeps the trap door at bay.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I think you'll find it's 2 in 11, but any old excuse for an outpouring of negativity

Who needs facts when you have an agenda :dunce:

This thread is full of the same entitled nubbers as every other thread after we lose.

They’re gutted we’ve not had the chance to play in the champions league yet, don’t you know, we’re Brighton & Hove Albion? We have a god given right to be challenging for a top 4 place.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Southampton, Newcastle and Burnley in May is going to be three interesting, if not deciding games for the Albion ???

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

This thread is full of the same entitled nubbers as every other thread after we lose.

They’re gutted we’ve not had the chance to play in the champions league yet, don’t you know, we’re Brighton & Hove Albion? We have a god given right to be challenging for a top 4 place.

Don’t care if we lose just would like to see effort I’m sure if you put in efforts like the last two games in your job you could b looking over your shoulder but don’t let the facts of people paying hard earnt money watching shite like the last two games stop you from sitting at home complaining either

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Don’t care if we lose just would like to see effort I’m sure if you put in efforts like the last two games in your job you could b looking over your shoulder but don’t let the facts of people paying hard earnt money watching shite like the last two games stop you from sitting at home complaining either

Sound argument, that. Can’t fault it one bit. Really can’t.

Try again, chap.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We hit the bar, Pickford pulled off a good save from Murray’s header and his chip was inches wide. Any one of those go in and we’re going home with a point. I watched from 20 mins and the goal was quality but I don’t recall Ryan having that much to save. Didn’t see the penalty call but the second goal was handball. At a place like Goodison against good players in form for the most part you need some luck.

Anyone who was expecting us to be dominant is deluded and a bit entitled imo.

Some serious over reaction on this thread, we were competitive given the gulf in the quality of players out there today. We were in the game until the final whistle and yeah I reckon we need some luck in games like that :shrug:

Still team Potter we’d have just rolled over as soon as we went a goal down last season

Felt we rolled over at 0-0 today in terms of application, it was only when the subs came on it improved.

The Murray chances you’re quoting were at 70+ mins.... other than the speculative shot that hit the bar we were toothless prior to that.

Ryan made some very good saves.

As you know from our quotes earlier in the week, a point would have been great.

For me it’s not the loss, just the manner of it...

I’m Team Brighton [emoji6][emoji2].

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

The fans are entitled to their moan, its the law, you moaning about the Albion fans moaning isn't cricket, pipe down you heathen:lolol:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I would love to know how our football expert and now head of recruitment Dan Ashworth, who once stated his main task was to keep the manger in a job, feels how the side is progressing

It's a good time to remember that there have been many really good performances this season, some so good I couldn't believe I was actually watching Brighton and Hove Albion. Lack of finishing and sloppy goals means we haven't capitalised on those performances, but fingers crossed we can recapture that form somewhat for this vital run of games coming up. Mooy is bloody important to us though, that we have definitely learnt today (amongst a few other things!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here