[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We hit the bar, Pickford pulled off a good save from Murray’s header and his chip was inches wide. Any one of those go in and we’re going home with a point. I watched from 20 mins and the goal was quality but I don’t recall Ryan having that much to save. Didn’t see the penalty call but the second goal was handball. At a place like Goodison against good players in form for the most part you need some luck.

Anyone who was expecting us to be dominant is deluded and a bit entitled imo.

Some serious over reaction on this thread, we were competitive given the gulf in the quality of players out there today. We were in the game until the final whistle and yeah I reckon we need some luck in games like that :shrug:

Still team Potter we’d have just rolled over as soon as we went a goal down last season

Did you only watch the last 20 minutes?

First half we were totally outplayed and outclassed.
Very lucky not to have conceded a penalty and have a player sent off. No positive moves in their half.
We did improve 2nd half but still could have conceded as many as we could have scored.
Another bad day at the office. We need some good ones in the next few weeks to ensure safety.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Severe lack of pace in the team , we can’t counter attack quick enough. Trossard and Ali j can’t just run past people with their pace .

I'd bring back Knocky in a flash. Yeah he's hotheaded and sulky, but he can run at people and in behind, he scores to and gets both club and fans....

In grandad Muzza we've still got a finisher and decent header of the ball, and with trossard, Bernardo, Alzate, gross, march, Ali J we're not short of people who could cross the ball and give a striker some decent service....
When playing narrow, without wingers who cross as much, a short fella up front, and trying to play through the lines...... on days like today when it clearly ain't working, reverting to a more direct style to try and get something, when we've got the personnel is a tad frustrating.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well today pissed me right off. I’m sure I’ll get over it though, we always do us Brighton fans.

Albion.

:bhasign:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Well today pissed me right off. I’m sure I’ll get over it though, we always do us Brighton fans.

Albion.

:bhasign:

Yeah agree with this- it’s the hope that kills you! Realistically we had to play like we did against Arsenal to get something and without Moody and Alzate starting that wasn’t likely

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Is there just a wee bit too much tinkering with our line-ups that seem to differ each outing?
What does anyone else think?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Is there just a wee bit too much tinkering with our line-ups that seem to differ each outing?

5 at the back was a good call but we never had the midfield under control. Think there should have been more tinkering with tactics in the match. Bit surprised as Potter is usually one to do this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He’s learning on the job, giving everyone a fair go. Which was fine when you’re miles away from the relegation spots.

But some awful dilemmas for Potter eg drops Stephens then Bissouma is crap and vice versa, opponents get behind our defence almost at will, no consistent RB/RWB who can actually defend match after match, how to solve the lack of creativity conundrum, and Trossard’s become poor after looking great.

Which players should now be guaranteed a start?

Mooy
Alzate
Dunk
Ryan
Propper

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
We lost 1-0 away to Everton, get real people, this is the Premier League. We will be fine, it’s a far better experience watching The Albion this season. Onwards and upwards, we’ll have too much for Aston Grealish next week! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We lost 1-0 away to Everton, get real people, this is the Premier League. We will be fine, it’s a far better experience watching The Albion this season. Onwards and upwards, we’ll have too much for Aston Grealish next week! [emoji6]

This. I didn't watch the 2nd half as i was out and i feared the worse. Thought i would come back to a 3-0 loss after a terrible first half. I predicted a 3-0 defeat even before kick off so i'm ok with the result. Could have been worse.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

a few games back i would have agreed with your summary without hesitation, but i’m just starting to worry a bit now, we seem to be regressing somewhat .. hope upon hope that’s it’s a blip ..

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
a few games back i would have agreed with your summary without hesitation, but i’m just starting to worry a bit now, we seem to be regressing somewhat .. hope upon hope that’s it’s a blip ..

Fear not! Potter has the magic touch! [emoji6]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some seem to be surprised that we are relegation candidates. At least I am being entertained in this year’s scrap. Some really unrealistic expectations on this thread. We lost at Everton by one goal, we had chances to come away with a point. I gather some on here expected scintillating football and three points

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Exactly a year ago many fans said same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports