Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton: I left before HT

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Forgive me, but I doubt you’ll find many centre back pairings who can cope with having 2 or 3 players running at them, unhindered, like f***ing express trains. Our midfield was shambolic and non existent today. I’m not clearing Dunk and Webster of any blame, but today was a collective loss. RDZ started the wrong XI, those players then performed like absolute dog shit.
Watching Dunk last night made me worry what would happen if he was playing for England against a top team, sorry :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Watching Dunk last night made me worry what would happen if he was playing for England against a top team, sorry :shrug:
Are we just going to ignore the many, many more times that he has been utterly superb against far better sides than Everton then?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are we just going to ignore the many, many more times that he has been utterly superb against far better sides than Everton then?!
Nope, just feel his lack of pace would be found out against strong fast and skilful forwards. He has been immense for us but I would worry for him in an England team against anyone but minnows. I have already apologised for having this view :smile:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nope, just feel his lack of pace would be found out against strong fast and skilful forwards. He has been immense for us but I would worry for him in an England team against anyone but minnows. I have already apologised for having this view :smile:
But - again - this doesn't really follow reality, does it? He has played excellently many many times against sides who are not minnows? I've seen him pocket the likes of Kane and Salah numerous times.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I left my seat at………..

Quite a contrast to last Thursday..so many buggers stayed ..it took ages to get past the ‘train’ queue so I could walk down to the Bridge car park ..last night was so much easier …more 5/1 defeats please 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I left once the board went up and Pickford did his fall on the ball act and made my way to the bus queue for Mill Hill. Was loads of people in the queue. Got second tranche of busses back to MH

Only found out we let in a 5th when I got back to the car

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thread and many replies are absolutely tinpot.

Embarrassing

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Dont think you can blame midfielders when Dunk missed tackling forward for first goal. He has been outstanding this season just a shame all the defenders had a day off

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s unlikely to be playing behind exhausted midfielders who completely fail to do their jobs for 90 minutes.

Would love to see detailed analysis of their many first half counter attacks.

To me it seemed Dunk, Mac A and Caicedo were our only cover.

Literally everyone else including Webster and Estupinan 70 yards plus from our goal and they weren’t even Albion corners.

Garner, Mylochenko, DCL, Doucoure, Iwobi, etc overwhelming our three in big numbers.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Would love to see detailed analysis of their many first half counter attacks.

To me it seemed Dunk, Mac A and Caicedo were our only cover.

Literally everyone else including Webster and Estupinan 70 yards plus from our goal and they weren’t even Albion corners.

Garner, Mylochenko, DCL, Doucoure, Iwobi, etc overwhelming our three in big numbers.
Yesterday was completely mind boggling, I just couldn’t fathom how Everton seemed to have 27 men behind the ball but also 5 spare men rushing into our half completely unopposed.
When Estupinan goes on the overlap and Mitoma loses possession we are in a world of trouble against a team who can counter, Mitoma being miles off the pace put us in danger several times yesterday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yesterday was completely mind boggling, I just couldn’t fathom how Everton seemed to have 27 men behind the ball but also 5 spare men rushing into our half completely unopposed.
When Estupinan goes on the overlap and Mitoma loses possession we are in a world of trouble against a team who can counter, Mitoma being miles off the pace put us in danger several times yesterday.

Funny thing was that imho it often wasn’t a dynamic overlap. Instead Estupinan and Mitoma first half camped in front of us NW corner. Saying to Everton attack the desolate prairie behind us.

Not a criticism of RDZ, he was demonstrably livid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here