Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton: I left before HT

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Stayed till the bitter end, clapped the team off, couple of beers, no queue for the Mill Road P&R being the highlight of the day :thumbsup:

I've seen far worse from the Albion and Everton's finishing was probably the most clinical I've seen at the Amex. Did I see that we had similar xG's :wink:
It’s worse than that … we ‘beat’ them on xG and every other stat!!

IMG_5302.jpeg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
An Everton fan in West Lower left after 1 minute - forcibly removed from within a cluster of angry home fans, probably for his own good.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
All true loyal supporters would have stayed to the very end to boo the players off.
I didn't leave early as I didn't even arrive 😅

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I left on 70 because it was clearly over and I have a 3.5 hour journey home. Trains were sheight after Man U and I got home at 3.45am. It gets tiring, especially when travelling very long distance alone. Sorry, bad fan.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Totally agree.

It literally changed everything and told us everything about the following 90 minutes.

Everton could just play Dyche ball, and knew that Webster/Dunk were both bloody awful … no pace, easy to destroy with 2 or 3 proper athletes coming at them.

Don’t think I sang after that, just sat in my chair watching a naive half, with pointless crosses over 90 minutes against a much taller team.
Forgive me, but I doubt you’ll find many centre back pairings who can cope with having 2 or 3 players running at them, unhindered, like f***ing express trains. Our midfield was shambolic and non existent today. I’m not clearing Dunk and Webster of any blame, but today was a collective loss. RDZ started the wrong XI, those players then performed like absolute dog shit.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I hate leaving early and stayed to clap them off. Not a boast, it's my preference/practice to stay regardless, to me it feels almost like closure and helps me move on. Like the feeling you get singing Brighton til I die, reaffirms to me we've got through worse times and will have better, and I will still be there.

Other half left early in a foul mood, I refused to follow, somehow I still managed to get back first so there was at least the small consolation of a little Schadenfreude.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My 7 year old wanted to stay until the end, even after the 5th. She's really excited this morning and wants to tell her friends about it at school this morning.

Ultimately, that's what it's about for me. The enjoyment and excitement of football and seeing her team play, trumps all other.
How was the trip back up north?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Totally agree.

It literally changed everything and told us everything about the following 90 minutes.

Everton could just play Dyche ball, and knew that Webster/Dunk were both bloody awful … no pace, easy to destroy with 2 or 3 proper athletes coming at them.

Don’t think I sang after that, just sat in my chair watching a naive half, with pointless crosses over 90 minutes against a much taller team.
Can we just take the averages if the last few games and take 9 points?
We can make a bid to the EPL and see if they deem that acceptable but I feel they will just replay the Everton 5-1 to us and make a counter offer of 1 point.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Easy to stay if you live local.

Anyone non local ish who has a job in the morning / family then fully understandable choosing the option to get home to salvage something.

Historical Transport issues have made us like this

Saturday games fair enough but sundays and bank holidays - fair enough however embarrassing it looks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wish I hadn't gone, nearly didn't.

My record this season is f***ing WOEFUL.

Given it's our best season possibly ever, I've seen 2 wins and 4 losses. Ugh.

I go to Wembley in the rain to see us lose on pens to the twats. Do I see the Wolves 6-0 or the Revenge 1-0 vs Man Utd? Do I bollocks.

But do I come down in the rain to see us get utterly Dyched? Yup.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

I go to Wembley in the rain to see us lose on pens to the twats. Do I see the Wolves 6-0 or the Revenge 1-0 vs Man Utd? Do I bollocks.

Are you planning on any other games as I might give them a swerve!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I sat there till the 88th minute and then left….
Well I wanted another beer from the kitchen fridge

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

Sounds like me in the Potter years. I went about 8 or 9 home games without seeing a win, and barely even a goal in that either!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here