Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evan Warren RIP

gabbylicious

Jan 24, 2011
sorry all the information we are getting is a little mixed up right now, emotions are running high around here.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Terrible news! I expect it's already been thought of, but has anyone managed to find his passport as that should have some emergency contacts details? Failing that can't the immigration authorities help?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh that's terrible from all perspectives, and I apologise for my earlier, flippant post which was obviously made before the news became common knowledge.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
So to add another twwist to the story.....

After searching hi and low for his parents I found them FINALLY! Had a few twists along the way, but it turns out they live in Canada not England.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apologies for being so coy about details. As I said this has been with me since Saturday evening when I received a somewhat strange approach via email.

For obvious reasons, I didn't want NSC to be how anyone close to Evan found out this terrible news,but it's been blurted out now, and I also understand Evan's parents have been located.

I've never met Evan but, like many, I know him through his posts on NSC as well as his regular appearances at NSC's Sunday night poker where he regularly beat me (damn you Evan) before going on to be the overall winner of our last 'season'.

Evan is by no means old and, as some of you have also said above, this has really knocked me for 6. I shall stay in touch with those I have been talking too over the last few days and pass on anything appropriate.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Truely top bloke who I have never met but he was the life and soul of our NSC poker nights, always saying "cheers" when he won a hand, even if you folded.
Fitting that he won the league last year and christened himself NSC Poker Champion, and was instrumental this year along with Horsham Gull of trying to get more people playing each week.
Saying a prayer for you Evan, come on buddy.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Truly terrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'll be keeping Evan in my thoughts today & hoping for a miracle.
Sounds like he's a top bloke, Please keep us updated Bozza.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
f***ing hell. Want to say so much, yet so little comes out.

Like many, I don't know Evan personally, but have spoken a few times on PM, and of course regularly at Sunday night poker. He sent me a PM last week regarding poker, and needing to register, but I was just so busy in my own little World that I didn't even bother a reply. Sorry Evan.

Bozza, you say you know where he is, can you PM me, or perhaps put it on here? I'd happily organise a massive NSC get well card or something. He may not be in a position to appreciate it now, but hopefully the fighter will pull through and it'll be with him.

Lost for words.

All thoughts are with you Mr Priest :down:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Awful news. Played poker with him a few times early last year and seemed like a top guy.

Like everyone else I have my fingers crossed for a miracle.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Evan asked me last week to add him to the friends list, and we discussed poker by pm.

Bloody hell, I never knew. Totally shocked and upset by this tragic news.

Top bloke who loves his poker.

Thoughts are with you Evan.

Like all on here, hoping for a miracle.

Very touched indeed to hear this, Evan had become something of an internet buddy of mine over the past few months, he spotted me at Withdean one game and recognised who I was so we sent a few PMs back and forth and had some chats over MSN, always a good laugh. Was flattered someone appreciated my unorthodox style of humour. He mentioned a girlfriend too who he went to games with.

Hope he makes a full recovery and is back on here very soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here