Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I agree entirely with everyone's views on Fabinho and the Robertson one could/should have been given too.. only "mitigation" I can give for him could have been the suggestion that Ally Mac was about to jump in two footed to him.. I am not pleading a case here, because that "jump" did not materialise therefore the contact was all Robertson and everything else irrelevant. Just a thought I had as to why Robertson went into that tackle as he did. It could be as simple as he's a narky, thug of course..

Reactions: cjd

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Loads of Liverpool fans apologising for the clogging donkey and (as previously when we have beaten them/played well) been complimentary about us in contrast to the majority of other 'Top 6' fans. More time for them than all the others put together. Big soft spot for Spirit of Shankly/Anfield Hotel banner /Baltic Fleet :)

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Everyone can have a bad game/day/make a mistake but Liverpool on Sunday were inexcusable , with a decent Ref and VAR doing it`s job they would have had their goal disallowed for handball in the build up , and at least two red cards . I normally have a lot of respect for them , their fans and their history , but Sunday was a damn disgrace , if rolls were reversed there would be a shitstorm of abuse towards us and retrospective red cards awarded .

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Loads of Liverpool fans apologising for the clogging donkey and (as previously when we have beaten them/played well) been complimentary about us in contrast to the majority of other 'Top 6' fans. More time for them than all the others put together. Big soft spot for Spirit of Shankly/Anfield Hotel banner /Baltic Fleet :)
Not necessarily wanting to mix politics and sport, but I recall that poll which showed that Liverpool fans were the second most pro-Remain (after us, of course). Apparently 77% of Liverpool fans voted Remain (BHA was 81%). [Almost inevitably, Chelsea fans were the most supportive of Brexit - idiots!!]
Definitely have a soft spot for Liverpool (and the atmosphere at Anfield on a good day is unbelievable)

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I was called by Royal Sussex this week to book a CT scan and was told (to my surprise) it would be in “the east stand of the AMEX” so he shouldn’t have to travel far.
Yup. Amex have an MRI machine that Royal Sussex use when one of their two MRIs in the hospital are on the blink.

Had an MRI at the Amex this time last year.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not necessarily wanting to mix politics and sport, but I recall that poll which showed that Liverpool fans were the second most pro-Remain (after us, of course). Apparently 77% of Liverpool fans voted Remain (BHA was 81%). [Almost inevitably, Chelsea fans were the most supportive of Brexit - idiots!!]
Definitely have a soft spot for Liverpool (and the atmosphere at Anfield on a good day is unbelievable)
Your own advice not good enough for you?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought it was quite funny at the weekend when they launched into their default "f*** the Tories" as they do at every southern club, clearly without much regard for the politics of Brighton (if not Hove or the rest of Sussex).

On that note, I can't stand their club but the one thing I do quite admire is that their songs are almost unfailingly in support of their own team, and not the sort of tedious, pathetic crap that gets belted out by fans of every other club (including ours) when their team is losing, ie "your support is f***ing shit", "football in a library", "xxx is a shithole, I wanna go home" and suchlike. They don't seem to bother with that and I like it very much. I've certainly never heard the piss poor and frankly cringeworthy "We pay your benefits" from them. All they do is sing their own songs. I daresay there's probably a few idiots in the party when they play Man United, but as a general rule, they get behind their own team and that is to their credit.

I wish we'd do the same. Singing songs about the opposition is fine if it's witty or original, but really, does anybody actually find it remotely hilarious to point out that somebody's stadium might have a few too many seats for the number of supporters any more? Really?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I can't stand their club but the one thing I do quite admire is that their songs are almost unfailingly in support of their own team, and not the sort of tedious, pathetic crap that gets belted out by fans of every other club (including ours) when their team is losing, ie "your support is f***ing shit", "football in a library", "xxx is a shithole, I wanna go home" and suchlike. They don't seem to bother with that and I like it very much.
I'm not a huge admirer of the armchair fans who attach themselves to Liverpool and pretend they're part of the culture of the club. But I do agree with what you say about their supporters at the Amex and it's something that's always struck me too. We gave them a bit of "you only live round the corner" in the first game but I don't recall anything coming back. They seem, as you say, to focus on their own stuff.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I thought it was quite funny at the weekend when they launched into their default "f*** the Tories" as they do at every southern club, clearly without much regard for the politics of Brighton (if not Hove or the rest of Sussex).

On that note, I can't stand their club but the one thing I do quite admire is that their songs are almost unfailingly in support of their own team, and not the sort of tedious, pathetic crap that gets belted out by fans of every other club (including ours) when their team is losing, ie "your support is f***ing shit", "football in a library", "xxx is a shithole, I wanna go home" and suchlike. They don't seem to bother with that and I like it very much. I've certainly never heard the piss poor and frankly cringeworthy "We pay your benefits" from them. All they do is sing their own songs. I daresay there's probably a few idiots in the party when they play Man United, but as a general rule, they get behind their own team and that is to their credit.

I wish we'd do the same. Singing songs about the opposition is fine if it's witty or original, but really, does anybody actually find it remotely hilarious to point out that somebody's stadium might have a few too many seats for the number of supporters any more? Really?
Please don't have Hove in with "the rest of Sussex. We have a good labour MP with a large majority who is a shadow minister for NI.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
one of my best mates who knows a lot about football and goes out of his way to mock Brighton whenever he has the chance is not happy.

The gist of his message during the Liverpool match was “ffs. This kid up front reminds me of Kane. How is he only 18? I hadn’t watched his previous matches closely but just hoped the goals were lucky and his wider contribution was missing. He is going to be brilliant. Now you don’t have a weak spot. Ffs”

Let’s hope he is correct and the young man is not badly hurt.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The Irish Independent reports that early prognosis is positive for no long-term absence (apologies if covered above but can be arsed to look through all posts); article claims this is good news for Ireland with Euro 24 campaign starting but cant England pinch him?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The Irish Independent reports that early prognosis is positive for no long-term absence (apologies if covered above but can be arsed to look through all posts); article claims this is good news for Ireland with Euro 24 campaign starting but cant England pinch him?
His mum is English

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Living in St Helens I know a lot of Liverpool fans, many who are regulars at Anfield and not just armchair/plastics. Almost without exception they are pretty fair minded. Went to a party the evening after we drew 3-3 there and they were all highly complimentary about Brighton.

.You can get completely wrong impressions about a teams fans from reading Twitter comments, particularly -sadly - from many of those who are based 1000's of miles away.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
one of my best mates who knows a lot about football and goes out of his way to mock Brighton whenever he has the chance is not happy.

The gist of his message during the Liverpool match was “ffs. This kid up front reminds me of Kane. How is he only 18? I hadn’t watched his previous matches closely but just hoped the goals were lucky and his wider contribution was missing. He is going to be brilliant. Now you don’t have a weak spot. Ffs”

Let’s hope he is correct and the young man is not badly hurt.
Who does he ‘support’?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here