Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Eurovision Song Contest 2023 ***Official Thread & Sweepstake***

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Is there some sort of Scandinavian betting ring involvement in Eurovision? :wink:

The fact that next year is the 50th anniversary of ABBA's Waterloo winning had absolutely nothing to do with who the winner was this year 😁😉

Actually I don't subscribe to that conspiracy theory, but the Scandis are still one of the last bastions of voting for each other. Even the Greeks and Cypriots packed it in this year! 😲

I think, along with it being a great money spinner, it's the reason they brought the popular vote in.

Having met Graham Norton, I doubt he'd be upset about being upstaged by Hannah, he's a lovely bloke and she was utterly superb.

Eurovision is just a fun spectacle, even though they take it very seriously on the continent. We just got together with the neighbours and had a big party. What's not to love about that 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I watched it yesterday for the first time in years. I don’t think I’ll bother again next year. I was only doing so because Mrs DiS wanted to, and she is of a similar mind!
The only good things to come out of it were that
  1. Germany deservedly came bottom (that’s not anti-German but anti a crap song)
  2. Mel Giedroyc was hilarious.
  3. Hannah Waddingham stole the show - upstaging Graham Norton mercilessly!
I really don’t get it, but plenty of other people do, so fair enough. Each to his or her own.
I thought that Norton looked like a small, tired old man next to Waddingham.

Alesha Dixon looks like she needs a good meal too.

Looks like Scandinavia / Baltics states are getting their mutual voting act together. Germany and UK are getting battered with the tactical voting, and if you want to vote for an outlier state then Israel and Australia are more palatable options.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Had a viddy this morning with the sound down . This was easily the best with the Germans getting what they deserved .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here