[Music] Eurovision Song Contest 2023 ***Official Thread & Sweepstake***

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
IMG_6649.jpeg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Eurovision 2024 in Sweden, 50 years on from Waterloo at the Dome.

Abba reunion performance please. The real ones, not the holograms.

Either way, it'll be a step up from Sonia...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry, not the time or place.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To host, have the last song before the vote and to come second last is humiliating. The girl was nervous, and to see Sam Ryder belt out his song in the interview showed what a stupid decision it was not to give him another go.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Printing money

£60 plus change

Never heard the song

Never want to

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Second last, and lucky to get that.
According to the BBC live text, "some fans also said there were problems with the sound while watching at home."

They could've just turned the volume down.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to the BBC live text, "some fans also said there were problems with the sound while watching at home."

They could've just turned the volume down.
The audience noise was too loud which drowned out the presenters. It wasn’t the volume that was the problem but the balance..

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
We fell into the same old same old trap of a cracking song, but poor live performer. Sam Ryder's song last year wasn't anything special, I didn't like it, but he's a performer and belted it out superbly. Mae Muller might be a lovely lass, but just not a big stage performer.

As to Loreen, huge star in Europe and the song was a decent one (not as good as Euphoria). Her first performance wasn't great, but the Jury vote on the dress rehearsal one, so if she nailed that like she did in her winners performance then no wonder she got all those 12 points. Gutted for Finland though, bloody loved it, great Eurovision entry and is going to be in my head for days.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There’s a separate thread for the latter.
Sometimes, when life is rough, it’s good to remind ourselves of fun and laughter.
nah....it's good to remind ourselves there's a war going on that could have been stopped months ago and was exacerbated out of control at the whims of western hierarchies and governments.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
nah....it's good to remind ourselves there's a war going on that could have been stopped months ago and was exacerbated out of control at the whims of western hierarchies and governments.
How are you not working for the Diplomatic Corps? Your talent is wasted.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I watched it yesterday for the first time in years. I don’t think I’ll bother again next year. I was only doing so because Mrs DiS wanted to, and she is of a similar mind!
The only good things to come out of it were that
  1. Germany deservedly came bottom (that’s not anti-German but anti a crap song)
  2. Mel Giedroyc was hilarious.
  3. Hannah Waddingham stole the show - upstaging Graham Norton mercilessly!
I really don’t get it, but plenty of other people do, so fair enough. Each to his or her own.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is there some sort of Scandinavian betting ring involvement in Eurovision? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here