Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Europa League Group Stage Draw - Official Thread***

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Singing "Brighton reject" at an Ajax striker.

Absolute LOLS.
Watching Ajax beat AC Milan in the 1995 Champions League final when we were going out of existence and to think one day we'd be playing them in Europe and singing 'Brighton reject' at one of their strikers is off the scale. This is all just surreal.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Watching Ajax beat AC Milan in the 1995 Champions League final when we were going out of existence and to think one day we'd be playing them in Europe and singing 'Brighton reject' at one of their strikers is off the scale. This is all just surreal!

Watching Chuba Akpom in a Brighton shirt thinking he’d be lucky to make it at Accrington and then playing against him for Ajax is just as mental to me!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Not sure if this is an odd question, so please don't crucify me... but is there much point in going to an away game for a short trip without a ticket? I confess that there's a good chance I'll go to at least one even if I can't get tickets. mainly because I promised my other half that we could use the draw as a sort of random trip allocator, and use it as an excuse to have a few days away. But apart from that domestic political reason, I'm wondering why it might be better watching the game in a packed bar in say Athens rather than at home in Sussex in front of a very big TV screen with a couple of mates and a ready supply of beer and snacks -- especially if you're planning to fly in and out the same day, or one overnight. Is it just the "I was there" thing? No criticism intended, just genuinely curious.
I’m thinking exactly the same thing. I want the atmosphere and to share it with others. Just need to decide on the bar!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sorry to put a damper on it but surely the idea of entering a football competition is to progress as far as possible. The draws this week (Carabao & Europa) have not been kind to the Albion in that respect. I guess if you want to party abroad that's fine but I feel disappointed by both. Tough games will also affect our ability to perform in the league around the games as well. Woe is me ! :cry:
I'm looking forward to it. To win the thing you've got to beat teams like these, if we get out of the group (we're favourites to do so by the way) the lads will have played some good teams in difficult stadiums, it might help us a bit that we've got that ezperience.

But by all means have a wallow.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm looking forward to it. To win the thing you've got to beat teams like these, if we get out of the group (we're favourites to do so by the way) the lads will have played some good teams in difficult stadiums, it might help us a bit that we've got that ezperience.

But by all means have a wallow.
Sorry Grumpy Old Man Friday for me. No delight in a tough Cup draw.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It’s our first European adventure. Does any Brighton fan realistically believe we will win the thing? It’s the same principle as when we were lower league. The cup draws we always wanted a PL team home or away for the experience of it, for the memories with our mates. It’s what footballs about! I am genuinely looking at this as a potential once in a lifetime opportunity to see us play European giants. Give me Ajax and Marseilles any day over LASK and Sherrif. (No disrespect to Athens but wouldn’t class them as giants)

To add to that as said above, our style is better suited to playing the better teams as they always come at us and leave gaps. Also better for the players as there is not the expectation to win there that there would be if we were playing Qarabag, for example.

I’m all in!
Yep let's just enjoy the ride! . . . the Albion gracing the European stage, whatever next?

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Exciting, but tough group guys.

I appreciate your eagerness for travelling to big European stadiums but, as far as the tournament goes, getting a tough group is not a good thing no matter how much anyone lies to themselves. It's not gonna "prepare" you for anything, it's just gonna test your level but ideally you want that tough test and hurdle to be as deep into the tournament as possible, not at the start.

You can surprise them though, I don't think they've played a team like yours in their leagues.

Enjoy the experience, and if you're travelling steer as clear as possible of the ultras.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Attachments

• IMG-20230901-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20230901-WA0006.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 441

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Hi Brighton fans! I'm an Ajax fan and I’m keen to provide to discussions with more information from our side of the sea! I really like Brighton and how they have been performing the last season(s). A club with history who didn’t sell their souls to oil money yet. ;) I can’t wait for our clubs to meet in the European encounters, let’s hope they’ll be historic! I’ll be rooting for Brighton in the PL and I will be following Brighton more closely. I look forward to follow the discussions on the board.

This transfer periods has been one of the craziest I ever experienced. We are used to selling our top players every year but last year the guys that have been bought did not deliver. The downfall of Ajax after some amazing Champions League years started when legendary TD Marc Overmars had to go after sending naughty pictures of himself to Ajax employees.

With a new technical director in the name of 'Diamond eyes' Sven Mislintat (former Arsenal), a new coach and staff, we spend well over 110 million euro's and basically bought a completely new squad for the coming season. Names that most fans never heard of so we have absolutely no idea how this will turn out.

VincentvanGogh
Welcome. I’ll cut straight to the chase- what are the chances of getting tickets in the Ajax section for this game ?

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Sorry to put a damper on it but surely the idea of entering a football competition is to progress as far as possible. The draws this week (Carabao & Europa) have not been kind to the Albion in that respect. I guess if you want to party abroad that's fine but I feel disappointed by both. Tough games will also affect our ability to perform in the league around the games as well. Woe is me ! :cry:
Cheer up. Jesus Christ 🙄

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Hi Brighton fans! I'm an Ajax fan and I’m keen to provide to discussions with more information from our side of the sea! I really like Brighton and how they have been performing the last season(s). A club with history who didn’t sell their souls to oil money yet. ;) I can’t wait for our clubs to meet in the European encounters, let’s hope they’ll be historic! I’ll be rooting for Brighton in the PL and I will be following Brighton more closely. I look forward to follow the discussions on the board.

This transfer periods has been one of the craziest I ever experienced. We are used to selling our top players every year but last year the guys that have been bought did not deliver. The downfall of Ajax after some amazing Champions League years started when legendary TD Marc Overmars had to go after sending naughty pictures of himself to Ajax employees.

With a new technical director in the name of 'Diamond eyes' Sven Mislintat (former Arsenal), a new coach and staff, we spend well over 110 million euro's and basically bought a completely new squad for the coming season. Names that most fans never heard of so we have absolutely no idea how this will turn out.

VincentvanGogh
Hello! What’s our away allocation likely to be?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sorry Grumpy Old Man Friday for me. No delight in a tough Cup draw.
Don't be too hard on yourself. Your outlook of doom combined with your username brought a knowing theological smile. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here