[Albion] ***Europa League Group Stage Draw - Official Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Everywhere you walk in Amsterdam you’ll be amongst your own. The bars will be full of Brighton. This is our time. Get drunk, don’t get drunk, get rowdy, don’t get rowdy, have a ticket, don’t have a ticket….. either way it will be a great couple of days. Enjoy it while it lasts ❤️

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Everywhere you walk in Amsterdam you’ll be amongst your own. The bars will be full of Brighton. This is our time. Get drunk, don’t get drunk, get rowdy, don’t get rowdy, have a ticket, don’t have a ticket….. either way it will be a great couple of days. Enjoy it while it lasts ❤️
Salad days, that's for sure.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Not sure if this is an odd question, so please don't crucify me... but is there much point in going to an away game for a short trip without a ticket? I confess that there's a good chance I'll go to at least one even if I can't get tickets. mainly because I promised my other half that we could use the draw as a sort of random trip allocator, and use it as an excuse to have a few days away. But apart from that domestic political reason, I'm wondering why it might be better watching the game in a packed bar in say Athens rather than at home in Sussex in front of a very big TV screen with a couple of mates and a ready supply of beer and snacks -- especially if you're planning to fly in and out the same day, or one overnight. Is it just the "I was there" thing? No criticism intended, just genuinely curious.
My group would extend any weekend into a GroundHopping one taking in a further 2-4 matches local so ticketless on night 1 with the small chance of grabbing one somehow is fine.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Favourites to win The Group of Death ☠️

IMG_4789.jpeg

14/1 (2nd fav) behind Liverpool (3/1) to lift the Trophy 🏆

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Favourites to win The Group of Death ☠️

View attachment 165864

14/1 (2nd fav) behind Liverpool (3/1) to lift the Trophy 🏆
The day just gets madder and madder, that is insane...

Brighton favourites to win the group.....

Oh how far we have come, since that cold winters day at Edgeley Park @ Stockport watching us get thumped 4-0 and wondering why do I do this to myself.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have friends who live within a quarter of a mile from AEK Athens stadium so if I can help with questions, I will do. They are Olympiakos and Sheff Wed fans so, no, they won't take in any lodgers for the night.
I know the local tube station is Perissos, having walked past the stadium quite a few times. The area is Nea Filadelfia (New Philadelphia)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
OK admit it. Who's looked up hotels, flights or trains?
Reckon Ajax could be a drive away, 360 miles and duty free on the way back. Hotels are expensive though. Easyjet flights around £150 return.
Marseille is another matter. 800 miles by road or at least 6 trains. Flying with an organised trip.
Athens. Tui have 5 night holidays from £650. Reckon that will be the way to go there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
futurama fry GIF

My reaction to this group.

Very excited but mildly scared.

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Absolutely magnificent group. Came back from holiday today, stopped off to meet friends at 12. Made apologies for having livestream of draw on my phone but my data ran out! Had to shut all tech off until I got home and watched back on YouTube so no one could spoil it for me. Boy it didn't disappoint!!

Wish I'd spent the £75 on the three games now 😩😩😩😩

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
OK admit it. Who's looked up hotels, flights or trains?
Reckon Ajax could be a drive away, 360 miles and duty free on the way back. Hotels are expensive though. Easyjet flights around £150 return.
Marseille is another matter. 800 miles by road or at least 6 trains. Flying with an organised trip.
Athens. Tui have 5 night holidays from £650. Reckon that will be the way to go there.
Dunno. I had a cursory look at Athens flights wed - fri and looked dirt cheap 40 quid each way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports