Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa Cup Final

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can't wait to see the planned tifo Eintracht are planning, if any of their others are to go by.....

Attachments

• 0_Frankfurt-fans-hold-up-disgusting-banner-about-the-Queen-during-West-Ham-win.jpg
    0_Frankfurt-fans-hold-up-disgusting-banner-about-the-Queen-during-West-Ham-win.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 180
  • The-photo-shows-Marseille-fans-displaying-a-UEFA-MAFIA-tifo-during-their-Conference-League-clash.jpg
    The-photo-shows-Marseille-fans-displaying-a-UEFA-MAFIA-tifo-during-their-Conference-League-clash.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 185

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shows how much attention I've been giving this, Rangers are in the final ?

Is Colin Goldstone still their captain ? If he is, get in there :clap:

No he isn't, and never has been, except as an occasional stand-in. James Tavernier is Rangers' captain.

(and yes I do know who you're talking about, despite the spelling mistakes!)

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Unfortunately looking at twitter it appears there was already trouble last night, I fear for today, it will be an absolute powder keg, 150,000 rival fans, cupious amounts of alcohol, an extremely hot day, and two clubs with their fair share of troublemakers. Absolutely guaranteed to be kicking off as tension mounts in the build up to kick off and post match.
Most bars are closed today in Seville

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Seville is a great city for a game like this except that the temperature is circa 34C and no breeze which means there will be some very hot, very ruddy, very shitfaced, very dehydrated jocks by the end of the day - forecasted to be 37C tomorrow!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ridiculous. Not sure which stadium it's in but both Sevilla and Real Betis have 50,000 seat stadiums - you'd think at least half of available tickets should go to the clubs.

I was wondering how many fans we'd take to the city if we got to a final like that. 15,000 maybe? Rangers have 100,000 there apparently.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ridiculous. Not sure which stadium it's in but both Sevilla and Real Betis have 50,000 seat stadiums - you'd think at least half of available tickets should go to the clubs.

I was wondering how many fans we'd take to the city if we got to a final like that. 15,000 maybe? Rangers have 100,000 there apparently.

The risk being the club only took 6k of the 9k offered in case we didn't sell them all...:lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

UEFA say 94% of final money goes to the 2 clubs. The trade off is less sponsorship / hospitality ticket sales and less revenue to the clubs. The president said he’s not had any club accept that trade off of giving more tickets for fans and dramatically reducing the gate receipts.

Think he called Klopp personally to explain this as well

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The risk being the club only took 6k of the 9k offered in case we didn't sell them all...:lolol:

Yes, Barber would take an initial allocation of 750 which would go inside 3 minutes. We'd be offered 2,000 more so he'd start another brilliant scheme where you had to pay for your season tickets for the next 5 years up front for a chance to buy a Seville ticket.

Small print: If you are caught bringing your own Coke bottle tops into the stadium, the club has the right to confiscate your Europa League final ticket and all 5 season tickets

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its a tremendous achievement for a club in Scotland to reach a major European final. Their finances are miles behind a lot of the teams in the competition, and they also have Brighton rejects, Goldson and Balagun in the squad.

Having said that my Scottish team is Celtic, so I hope they lose:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here