Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa Cup Final

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
But do they sell Buckfast in Seville? :whistle:

Having been to that stadium it's a completely different experience to over here.

No alcohol and minimal food available in the ground, but free flowing wine, beer and tapas available outside.

Lovely ground, walkable from the city centre.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As a final, it will be refreshingly interesting - far more than the same old same old CL borefest finales.

Shame not on terrestrial so as an event it will pass me by just like all the others our greedy sports channels want you to pay through the nose for.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
IMG-20220517-WA0016.jpg

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
As a final, it will be refreshingly interesting - far more than the same old same old CL borefest finales.

Shame not on terrestrial so as an event it will pass me by just like all the others our greedy sports channels want you to pay through the nose for.

Europa League Final (18/05) / Europa Conference League final (25/05) / Champions League Final (28/05) - free to watch @ BT Sport Youtube

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Come on Eintracht Frankfurt, my great, great grandfather came from just outside Frankfurt so they are my second team.
Only been to see them play four times though, wish I was going to be honest.
I do also have a soft spot for Rangers, as I used to go to a the Cock Tavern and watch games occasionally with a N-Irish Rockabilly mate on a Sunday when I lived in London, great atmosphere for a pub.

But….

komm schon Adler

https://youtu.be/btGAEg55NT8

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Come on Eintracht Frankfurt, my great, great grandfather came from just outside Frankfurt so they are my second team.
Only been to see them play four times though, wish I was going to be honest.
I do also have a soft spot for Rangers, as I used to go to a the Cock Tavern and watch games occasionally with a N-Irish Rockabilly mate on a Sunday when I lived in London, great atmosphere for a pub.

But….

komm schon Adler

https://youtu.be/btGAEg55NT8

Is that the Cock Tavern near Euston? I know that boozer. Always liked the atmosphere in there. But not
for the faint-hearted.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I bet some poor ******* out there has booked a romantic midweek getaway with his Mrs ages ago to Seville.

"I don't know where all these people have come from"

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Let’s hope the big screens work unlike in Manchester when they didn’t.

Apparently there’s another stadium in Seville which holds 57,000 and the match is being beamed back there plus other fanzones across the city.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Let’s hope the big screens work unlike in Manchester when they didn’t.

Apparently there’s another stadium in Seville which holds 57,000 and the match is being beamed back there plus other fanzones across the city.

I just can’t imagine why anybody would travel all the way to Seville to watch a big tele in a football stadium where a game isn’t even being played. Watching in a bar I can understand.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Unfortunately looking at twitter it appears there was already trouble last night, I fear for today, it will be an absolute powder keg, 150,000 rival fans, cupious amounts of alcohol, an extremely hot day, and two clubs with their fair share of troublemakers. Absolutely guaranteed to be kicking off as tension mounts in the build up to kick off and post match.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Nope there were two Cock Taverns at the time, this was near smithfields market, downstairs if recall, a Drums, Whistles & Flutes affair.

Fair enough. The one I know in Euston is an 'interesting' place! The last of the estate pubs in Central; very friendly as long you don't
start coming the old soldier, as my Dad would say.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Quite unbelievable, you’re right. Numbers are always seriously over exaggerated in these situations. The whole myth takes hold, and utter guesswork / rumour is taken as fact. Half that number would be outstanding (and nearer the truth)

This - If some were believed, there were >200,00 celtic fans in Seville back in the day, or was it a million, I lost count. :lolol::lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

According to The Scotsman website, the game can still be watched for free

'The fixture is being shown exclusively live in the UK by BT Sport. Subscribers to the broadcaster can watch on BT Sport 1, BT Sport Ultimate and the BT app. The match can also be watched free, without a subscription, by downloading the BT Sport App, on the BT Sport website and the official BT Sport YouTube channel. Coverage begins at 6.30pm and runs through until 11pm.'

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yikes. 35C in Seville today! I think there may be some sunstroke, dehydration and headaches on the way! Ouch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here