Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] EURO 2022 Official Thread

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Isn't the ball supposed to leave the box from a goalkick? That is twice Austria have played it backwards so serve them right

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Isn't the ball supposed to leave the box from a goalkick? That is twice Austria have played it backwards so serve them right

I watched all the games last season. I know they don't have to leave the penalty box but I thought they had to at least kick it out of the six yard box.

It's basically treated like a free-kick, but instead of the opponents having to be 10 yards away, they have to be outside the penalty area.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
You could have looked up the law in a few seconds instead of posting :shrug::shrug:

True but you could say that for 75% of the posts on here. As I said before, I thought this was a friendly place to ask. Not so sure now. BTW I have been watching the Albion since about 1968.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I've watched (and enjoyed) far more games than I expected to, I don't particularly enjoy the atmosphere, feels like I'm a C Beebies live or something but each to their own eh. One thing I do struggle with is watching the game for what it is and not drawing comparisons with the male game. I can't watch the Stanway goal from the other night without thinking that it went down the middle of the goal and that the keeper should have just caught it! Not really allowing for the fact that the keeper is 5'5".... It's probably the issue that many nay sayers have, they're watching the games through the prism of years of watching men play. It's different, something we'll get used to, probably.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I've watched (and enjoyed) far more games than I expected to, I don't particularly enjoy the atmosphere, feels like I'm a C Beebies live or something but each to their own eh. One thing I do struggle with is watching the game for what it is and not drawing comparisons with the male game. I can't watch the Stanway goal from the other night without thinking that it went down the middle of the goal and that the keeper should have just caught it! Not really allowing for the fact that the keeper is 5'5".... It's probably the issue that many nay sayers have, they're watching the games through the prism of years of watching men play. It's different, something we'll get used to, probably.

It took me a while, but you just have to suspend your need to compare it to the men's game, it's just not fair on them. We have a lady at work who use to play back in the 90s and it's made it all the more enjoyable and enlightening having conversations about it all with her.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Great atmosphere in the Amex, bring on the Swedes...

They've got a rather important quarter-final match tonight against a very well organised Belgium side who did brilliantly to get through a tough group, knocking out Italy. If they let Tine De Calgny run the midfield, this could be the shock of the tournament.

Bring on the Belgians! :clap2:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

It took me a while, but you just have to suspend your need to compare it to the men's game, it's just not fair on them. We have a lady at work who use to play back in the 90s and it's made it all the more enjoyable and enlightening having conversations about it all with her.

That's the thing isn't it. Football at it's heart is not just about quality levels - it's about passion, belief, bonding, teamwork, competitiveness - and so on. Whoever it's played by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here