Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Escape from ISIS

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mod Towers has been concerned about the increasing number of threads that have been derailed by two (or occasionally more) posters who firstly drag it off topic and then proceed to merely goad each other. Such threads have frequently been moved to League 2, much to the disappointment of the other posters who were debating the original topic.

We thought that we'd trial using the "ban from thread" tool for such instances. Being banned from a thread is not an infraction; it's simply exactly what it says on the tin. There may be, nay, have been, situations where an infraction is also an appropriate measure. I'm not prepared to enter into a public discussion of the merits or demerits of a particular decision, nor to discuss the specifics of a case with anyone not directly involved in said case. Obviously, PMs often ensue when people feel aggrieved.

Bottom line: We want to try to stop threads degenerating into a pissing match between two posters - the "ban user from thread" tool would appear to be a way to do that without collateral damage to either the users who are engaged in a pissing contest or those other users who want to talk about the topic.

Me comprendez now.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You say its a Sunni v Shia issue, but then you say the Arabs should sort this out? Arabs don't have to be Muslims, and Sunni's don't have to be Arabs.

No agreed, I was using the lazy generic term for middle easterners. My point was that it's about time that the countries in the region with influence stepped in to sort this out. The suggestion is there is not the will to do so. Leave it to the nasty Yankees and Brits

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
No agreed, I was using the lazy generic term for middle easterners. My point was that it's about time that the countries in the region with influence stepped in to sort this out. The suggestion is there is not the will to do so. Leave it to the nasty Yankees and Brits

Oh I agree then - well to a point anyway. We have to work with Iran for sure as the Iraqi army is completely inept and unwilling to fight. but I would be using drones and limiting UK boots on the ground to Special Forces.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Unfortunately we cannot leave it to the powerful surrounding countries such as Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia because they have all been implicated in funding IS.

I am a little puzzled as to why IS have not attacked Israel yet, maybe they are consolidating a power base first and terrorising the other weaker Muslim/ Christian sects etc. Once they do attack Israel you can bet your bottom dollar there will be US and UK boots on the ground.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Unfortunately we cannot leave it to the powerful surrounding countries such as Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia because they have all been implicated in funding IS.

I am a little puzzled as to why IS have not attacked Israel yet, maybe they are consolidating a power base first and terrorising the other weaker Muslim/ Christian sects etc. Once they do attack Israel you can bet your bottom dollar there will be US and UK boots on the ground.

This might be b******* but decide for yourself

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2015/02/un-reveals-israels-support-for-isis/

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Hamas, Hezbollah, Jordan and Egypt are fighting ISIS, so I don't think it is that easy for them to attack Israel. If they could I am sure they would.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
lets just hope ISIS do not upset or attack Turkey
Turkey have a huge army

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
lets just hope ISIS do not upset or attack Turkey
Turkey have a huge army

That hates the Kurds. Its a mess.
1907486_10206171429779766_8629034964619474853_n.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That hates the Kurds. Its a mess.
View attachment 67017

I quite agree with the newspaper letter
but what choice did we have
invade or fight them on the streets of Britain
the invasion caused a vacuum that allowed the terrorists of every color and creed to come in and fill the space and start a fight with the yanks and us.
all in all we really should have left well alone

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh I agree then - well to a point anyway. We have to work with Iran for sure as the Iraqi army is completely inept and unwilling to fight. but I would be using drones and limiting UK boots on the ground to Special Forces.

I do agree...boots on the ground after Iraq and Afghanistan is the doomsday scenario and the British people would not accept it, unless there is a major ISIS backed attack on UK soil....I think that would,probably concentrate the minds.

One thing that has not been reported much is ISIS attack and destruction of an Egyptian warship recently, which showed their capability of getting and firing a sophisticated missile system.

I know it's a trite point, but the last place I would be looking to cruise right now is off the coast of North Africa and Israel. What a prize that would be for these maniacs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
View from W3D block

Hi folks

I have managed to get two tickets for the USA vs SAMOA RWC game and we have been allocated West Upper.

I suppose, having sat in the top tier of twickenham, the view should be brilliant?

Does anyone know if dicks bar will be open on the Sunday and also what are the bars and food outlets like up in the gods?

Cheers

USA USA USA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here