Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Escape from ISIS

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
This is the paragraph on the BBC website (carlzeiss put the link)
The UK is holding its first annual day of remembrance for victims of so-called honour killings on Tuesday.
The acts are committed to defend the supposed honour or reputation of a family and community and UK police forces recorded more than 11,000 cases of such crime between 2010 and 2014.

It is how it read. It doesn't say it included other sorts of crime.

Edit - I see Voroshilov has corrected it.

BBC need to correct that.

Henry Jackson report in full: http://henryjacksonsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Honour-Killings-in-the-UK.pdf

Hopefully the programme will help stem the flow of would be jihadis and potential wives to the area

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is the paragraph on the BBC website (carlzeiss put the link)
The UK is holding its first annual day of remembrance for victims of so-called honour killings on Tuesday.
The acts are committed to defend the supposed honour or reputation of a family and community and UK police forces recorded more than 11,000 cases of such crime between 2010 and 2014.

It is how it read. It doesn't say it included other sorts of crime.

Edit - I see Voroshilov has corrected it.

I guess.

I read crime as crime and did not think it meant murder otherwise I would have seen the word murder..... maybe

Anyway I ain't arguing with you, have a good day fella

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What an amazing documentary. It's like something from a science fiction film with the harrowing black flags flying.
I just don't think it's right to turn the other way and pretend it's not happening when you see 9 year olds getting raped, women getting stoned to death and thousands living under the constant fear of getting sold as slaves.

I hope this programme will raise awareness or will the news agenda just be about Greece? Unfortunately I think I know the answer

Unfortunately your right. Something happening to a country where we go on holiday that might possibly have a small economic impact on Britain is far more newsworthy than the systematic mass slaughter of innocents in some far-off, God forsaken land.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Unfortunately your right. Something happening to a country where we go on holiday that might possibly have a small economic impact on Britain is far more newsworthy than the systematic mass slaughter of innocents in some far-off, God forsaken land.

BBC are talking about the golf
documentaries on 4 are nearly always good

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why do you need to point score?

Can't people be disguted by what ISIS are doing in Iraq and the paedo rings in our big cities simultaneously?

I was not point scoring, merely saying the outrage shown to the disgusting programme last night does not seem to be shown when a lot of the same stuff is being carried out in this country. Seems a lot on here are outraged when it happens in the far east but seem apathetic when it is happening here.
The quote about the black flag being displayed in the programme last night, and the disgust etc....yet it is displayed here and is not banned.
I am disgusted whether it be here or in other parts of the world, unlike some.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
ISIS are a Cancer of Humanity. The Cancer is spreading and the treatment is ineffective, a few token bomb strikes and a few harsh words. The USA and the West seem reluctant to do anything about it. I wonder why that is ? They were quick enough to act against a perceived irrational threat in 2003 but have done the square root of f all against ISIS and their numerous crimes against Humanity. They should have been wiped out over a year ago. The USA could destroy the movement in a weekend if they wanted to, so could Iran come to that who hate them or China or many other countries. They are a band of 30000 or so Psychopaths, rapists, peadophiles and murderers, that is all they are, nothing more, nothing less. They do not represent the religion of Islam in any shape or form. They use it to excuse their sub human ways. The World needs to unite and eradicate them now before the cancer spreads any further or any deeper. Their very existence sickens me to my Stomach every single day

Agree!

The dad stoning his daughter was disgusting! We need to go to war with these f***ers before they spread any further

Nothing is stopping you to go to war against IS.

let us know how you get on

Last edited:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I was not point scoring, merely saying the outrage shown to the disgusting programme last night does not seem to be shown when a lot of the same stuff is being carried out in this country. Seems a lot on here are outraged when it happens in the far east but seem apathetic when it is happening here.
The quote about the black flag being displayed in the programme last night, and the disgust etc....yet it is displayed here and is not banned.
I am disgusted whether it be here or in other parts of the world, unlike some.

Never heard of a woman stoned to death by her father in the UK.

Never heard of families having all their women kidnapped here.

Never heard of women being sold as slaves in any British cities.

Let's get this straight, some of things which happened (and probably still are happening) and were covered up in cities in England were disgusting and those who commited these crimes should be locked up for many many years.

But what is happening now in Iraq and Syria is genocide and the West should step in as soon as possible.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Let's get this straight, some of things which happened (and probably still are happening) and were covered up in cities in England were disgusting and those who commited these crimes should be locked up for many many years.

But what is happening now in Iraq and Syria is genocide and the West should step in as soon as possible.

They've got Jihadi John.

We've got the Jimmy Savile family

Couldn't this ISIS obsession cover up more 'crimes' going on in our own country?

You decide the lesser of the evils.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Ok, so we agree. Have you just woken up after that programme?, this has not just started happening, many on here have been ridiculed and called names for stating what has been going on, things stated at least a couple of years ago.
Many videos and footage and reports, many deemed as too shocking to air, the people/posters that brought these to the fore dismissed and labelled......yet now many are disgusted and appalled....these disgusting practices were prevalent with the Taliban amongst others, and as a poster correctly stated they are spreading.
At least you have refrained from some of the past views, the Crusaders and the appalling atrocities carried out centuries ago.
So harsh as it seems, if now many are waking up to the appalling scenes from last night programme (at last) then perhaps the way forward might be better.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well you said "we"

I'm wondering who you think "we" is?

Somebody else's son, brother, husband I shouldn't wonder.

What do you think we have an army for? Would you have said the same for the first and second world wars? Think before you post you imbecile

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Precious little thing aren't you.

Physician heal thyself.

Precious little jobsworth you are, when the attacks start happening over here I bet you'll be one of the first muppets saying "oh why didn't we do something sooner!?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here