Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Escape from ISIS

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Devastated by that, not sure how I'll recover.

32061bac06de896deedff1bac97013df.gif

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wrong direction and Hillian have both been banned from this thread. *Sigh*

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
What do you think we have an army for? Would you have said the same for the first and second world wars? Think before you post you imbecile

As soon as any British / American soldiers were captured, paraded in orange suits before being tortured and murdered on video, any public support for action would swiftly disappear.

The use of drones & the dropping of very big bombs should be our contribution, but the "boots on the ground " should be provided by muslim countries, not least to prevent any accusations of "crusades " rallying more muslim support to ISIS.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As soon as any British / American soldiers were captured, paraded in orange suits before being tortured and murdered on video, any public support for action would swiftly disappear.

The use of drones & the dropping of very big bombs should be our contribution, but the "boots on the ground " should be provided by muslim countries, not least to prevent any accusations of "crusades " rallying more muslim support to ISIS.

The thing is that it's a Muslim issue, ie Sunni vs Shiite and if we step in, the. It is the west interfering in Arab affairs....you are right the Arabs should sort this out, but most of the countries around the region have both types of them. So they must be seen to be even handed. Our only hope is the Kurds and Iranians!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I,m not sure how anyone can defeat so many muslim savages.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Kill one and 10 spring up in its place, we need to sort this country and exactly who is living here first and what they're thinking before we go gung ho into other countries

Yep, i mentioned this earlier was asked "Why do you need to point score" because i mentioned the lack of disgust about what has bee going on in this country. Seems a lot have sympathy/disgust (and rightly so) for what was shown on that programme last night (been going on for ages actually) but seem quite blase about closer to home.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Kill one and 10 spring up in its place, we need to sort this country and exactly who is living here first and what they're thinking before we go gung ho into other countries

Speaking of in our own country, from today a few hours ago in the USA.
4 US Marines killed; gunman killed in Chattanooga today. Shooter is Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez, a naturalized US Citizen from Kuwait (possibly living in Hixson, TN.) He shot at a military recruitment center located in a strip mall in Chattanooga around 11am on Lee Hwy, then drove to a second Military Reserve Center on Amnicola Hwy where he killed the 4 marines before Chattanooga Police killed him. One Chattanooga officer shot in the ankle. Heightened security at several locations in Nashville today.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

well said

getting involved militarily in Syria is a very dangerous road to go down in what is perhaps the most complicated civil war in living memory.However sometimes needs must.

Cameron and others advocated air strikes on ISIS in Syria as well as Iraq but parliament voted and we only got involved in air strikes in Iraq.

I wonder how history will judge the UK on this matter of air strikes against IS,more importantly how will the people of Syria currently suffering under IS judge us.

They must feel almost totally abandoned by many western nations

I really hope all MP`s reconsider this soon,it is not right we as a nation with one of the best Air Forces in the world have left the Syrians to the whim of these religious monsters.

IS do not believe in borders,we should not either on the issue of air strikes.

Its a mindboggling weird attitude our MP`s took. Can you imagine if Bomber Command said we will only target German military assets in Germany,we wont bomb any in France,Norway,Holland or anywhere else for that matter

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wrong direction and Hillian have both been banned from this thread. *Sigh*

I was wondering what you were doing on this thread -- a sort that I've decided to ignore. I've only looked at this page. What is it that Hillian has done?*

* speaks someone who has achieved one infraction

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I was wondering what you were doing on this thread -- a sort that I've decided to ignore. I've only looked at this page. What is it that Hillian has done?*

* speaks someone who has achieved one infraction

Mod Towers has been concerned about the increasing number of threads that have been derailed by two (or occasionally more) posters who firstly drag it off topic and then proceed to merely goad each other. Such threads have frequently been moved to League 2, much to the disappointment of the other posters who were debating the original topic.

We thought that we'd trial using the "ban from thread" tool for such instances. Being banned from a thread is not an infraction; it's simply exactly what it says on the tin. There may be, nay, have been, situations where an infraction is also an appropriate measure. I'm not prepared to enter into a public discussion of the merits or demerits of a particular decision, nor to discuss the specifics of a case with anyone not directly involved in said case. Obviously, PMs often ensue when people feel aggrieved.

Bottom line: We want to try to stop threads degenerating into a pissing match between two posters - the "ban user from thread" tool would appear to be a way to do that without collateral damage to either the users who are engaged in a pissing contest or those other users who want to talk about the topic.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The thing is that it's a Muslim issue, ie Sunni vs Shiite and if we step in, the. It is the west interfering in Arab affairs....you are right the Arabs should sort this out, but most of the countries around the region have both types of them. So they must be seen to be even handed. Our only hope is the Kurds and Iranians!

You say its a Sunni v Shia issue, but then you say the Arabs should sort this out? Arabs don't have to be Muslims, and Sunni's don't have to be Arabs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here