Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A magnificent guided header from the corner to create Dan Burn's headed goal to make it 2-0.

But even more skilful was the nonchalant flick to set up Mac Allister's wonder strike. I didn't appreciate it until I watched the replay several times, but it was an incredible bit of skill to lay the ball so brilliantly into Ali Mac's path.

You're the man Enock!

FannieMac

Jan 4, 2014
Cv82QD-W8AEMAOd.jpg

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A magnificent guided header from the corner to create Dan Burn's headed goal to make it 2-0.

But even more skilful was the nonchalant flick to set up Mac Allister's wonder strike. I didn't appreciate it until I watched the replay several times, but it was an incredible bit of skill to lay the ball so brilliantly into Ali Mac's path.

You're the man Enock!
The Guardian report thought Bissouma provided the winner assist.
Racists.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He really reminds me of Biss under Hughton. Some brilliant bits plus quite a few poor moments.

However, Potter took Biss from the £18m player he inherited to a worth of over £40m, he’ll do the same for Mwepu who has all the raw ingredients to be a top top player. But it’s going to take Enock of hard work, I doubt he’ll be at his best until at least 2023, probably 2024. So very promising though.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Enock Mwepu (Signed 06/07/2021)

I’m a big fan.

2 clever assists today and he makes things happen for us.

I like the fact he’s different to the other midfielders we have. Yes he’s not our best passer and gave some away today but we have lots of technically excellent midfielders who can pass all day long. We don’t have many who can get up and down like he does, run with the ball, out muscle the opposition, cause a real nuisance, not afraid to have a shot and have the knack for an assist. He’s really direct and we’ve been crying out for that from midfield for a while.

The more experience he gets, I think he’s one we’re going to really struggle to get hold of.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

You're the man Enock!

Add this to his beautiful assist for Trossard against Brentford and he's proving to be quite the threat.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought he was pretty sloppy today but couple of good moments for the goals.

That’s how I saw it. His passes were often under hit, at times leaving the receiver stranded. He is strong and pacy but still a little green. Potter is managing him superbly and well done to the recruitment team.

If his development continues at this rate he’s going to be another gem, like Biss, Cucurella, Lamptey, Trossard and Mac

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I thought he was pretty sloppy today but couple of good moments for the goals.

No more "sloppy" than England international Adam Lallana. Along with the rest of our midfield now, he's looking to make fast, one touch passes that progress the ball at speed and move oppo players out of position. Sometimes these passes will go astray, but that doesn't make them sloppy. Inaccurate yes, but not sloppy. But GP realises this will happen and accepts it as an inevitable part of our game. Then it's a question of how well you recover.

Perhaps we fans need to make a slight recallibration in our expectations? In return for higher risk one touch football, with the odd missed pass, we'll see goals like those we've been seeing for the last few weeks?

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
No more "sloppy" than England international Adam Lallana. Along with the rest of our midfield now, he's looking to make fast, one touch passes that progress the ball at speed and move oppo players out of position. Sometimes these passes will go astray, but that doesn't make them sloppy. Inaccurate yes, but not sloppy. But GP realises this will happen and accepts it as an inevitable part of our game. Then it's a question of how well you recover.

Perhaps we fans need to make a slight recallibration in our expectations? In return for higher risk one touch football, with the odd missed pass, we'll see goals like those we've been seeing for the last few weeks?

Absolutely This!!

For every fantastic defence splitting pass or top left hand corner shots there are 1000's of balls that go astray.
In every match there are always more 'Nearly' moments than Moments.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Great analysis. The antithesis of “percentage” football, when Potter talks of being brave this is what he’s on about.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I absolutely love the guy. So much invention and intention in his play. That midfield yesterday- the one touch passing, the workrate, I’ve dreamt of that for 30 years.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That’s how I saw it. His passes were often under hit, at times leaving the receiver stranded. He is strong and pacy but still a little green. Potter is managing him superbly and well done to the recruitment team.

If his development continues at this rate he’s going to be another gem, like Biss, Cucurella, Lamptey, Trossard and Mac

At times even Biss underhits his passes. Happened again yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here