[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Scores? He's scored once and that was for a second string team in a league cup game.

A couple of assists I grant you, but I find him immensely frustrating more often than not - he just sums up our attacking woes perfectly. Anyway, this is not for today as he played very well against Brentford.

647 minutes, 2 goals, 3 assists. Cant ask for much more.

This guy is going to produce a lot of goals and assists. Think you could smell it already back in pre-season vs Luton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Scores? He's scored once and that was for a second string team in a league cup game.

A couple of assists I grant you, but I find him immensely frustrating more often than not - he just sums up our attacking woes perfectly. Anyway, this is not for today as he played very well against Brentford.

You’re going to be disappointed with that :D

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am not a fan - he reminds me of a Premier League Paddy McCourt with lots of pace, a bit of skill but absolutely no end product. However today, none of that applies - he was very good and a real thorn in their side.

It didn't apply at Liverpool either did it?:rolleyes:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The assist for Trossard is what we have to do more of to get the best out of Trossard and Maupay. Early delivery into space behind the defence. It's the sort of service they both thrive on, rather than the pointless and painful pass pass pass approach. Both goals last night saw some cut and thrust, not pointless possession. Hopefully that will become more of a template going forward.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I still remember reading an article back in the summer, when there were rumours of Biss going to Liverpool. The journalist said something along the lines of 'if Liverpool fail to get Bissouma, they could get a very similar player Mwepu from RB Salzburg far cheaper'.

Well the bin dippers can f*** off, because we've got them both :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It seems like wooden legs has got the fans back on his side again, who said football fans were more fickle than a woman?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The assist for Trossard is what we have to do more of to get the best out of Trossard and Maupay. Early delivery into space behind the defence. It's the sort of service they both thrive on, rather than the pointless and painful pass pass pass approach. Both goals last night saw some cut and thrust, not pointless possession. Hopefully that will become more of a template going forward.

Would be brilliant it that is indeed the case :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

So you are one who thought his worldy against Liverpool was an attempted cross and have therefore ruled it out as a genuine goal ? :wink:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
My view is Mwepu has done alright.

Some poor play in some games but some excellent play in others . He has a good direct approach and that to me is what we need but what yesterday showed that he can do the DM role as well with a few good interception tackles...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agreed, but you make it sound as though all opponents play the same. Brentford came and gave us a game, played a high line, and left space for us to exploit -- which we did well. This is in stark contrast to Wolves, for instance, who rarely had more than three players in our half and played a low and heavily populated block.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed, but you make it sound as though all opponents play the same. Brentford came and gave us a game, played a high line, and left space for us to exploit -- which we did well. This is in stark contrast to Wolves, for instance, who rarely had more than three players in our half and played a low and heavily populated block...

... which, even after 2.5 seasons, the manager still finds himself completely incapable of breaking down.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Really enjoyed his performance last night, the recruitment team have found yet another diamond in the rough in young Enoch,the Bissouma comparison isn't really how I see him going forward as he's nowhere near as good a defender as Bissouma but offers more going forward than Bissouma so somewhere in between will do me.

He's definitely getting up to speed with the EPL and looks like he just loves playing football, he looks ungainly at times and almost out of control of the ball but he actually really does have a nice balance on the ball in tight situations.

I doubt the Liverpool belter will be the last time Mwepu will have the opposition fans clapping a wonder goal He's just scored because he certainly has the self belief to bag a few more goals from midfield for the team.

Tidy player and somewhat unpredictable so it's a yes from me Bob.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
... which, even after 2.5 seasons, the manager still finds himself completely incapable of breaking down.

I'm a big fan of Potter, but it's difficult to argue with this. What's the solution Stat? The only one I can see is to get a Murray-a-like and bombard them with some quality crosses.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Oh dear, you aren’t going to be too happy with yourself after that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports