England vs Montenegro

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I wish England would stop constantly letting me down, I really want to get behind them but gave up years ago. The missus has come home and put glee on.... Its actually better.

Not qualifying for 74 world cup
Not qualifying for 78 world cup
Not winning a game in euro 80
Drawing 0-0 with Germany & Spain in 82 world cup & eliminated
Not Qualifying for 84 euros
Losing to the hand of god 86
Not winning a game in Euro 88
Losing pen shoot out in semis 90
Awful performances in Euro 92
Not qualifying for USA 94
Losing on pen shoot out to Germany 96
Losing on pen shoot out to Argentina 98

Not turning up v Brazil in quarter final 2002
Losing pen shoot out to Portugal 2004
Losing pen shoot out to Portugal 2006
Getting stuffed by Germany 4-1 2010

WAKE UP & SMELL THE COFFEE England have been letting us down ever since 66

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
Cleverley ,Smalling and Wellbeck if they played for Wigan they wouldn't get a sniff for England .No doubt they'll blame the pitch the very same player's that will say as a kid we played on the street with a tennis ball blah blah blah simply not good enough .Mr Southgate your right small nations like Montenegro should pre qualify.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ashley Young really is awful, isn't he?

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
Not qualifying for 74 world cup
Not qualifying for 78 world cup
Not winning a game in euro 80
Drawing 0-0 with Germany & Spain in 82 world cup & eliminated
Not Qualifying for 84 euros
Losing to the hand of god 86
Not winning a game in Euro 88
Losing pen shoot out in semis 90
Awful performances in Euro 92
Not qualifying for USA 94
Losing on pen shoot out to Germany 96
Losing on pen shoot out to Argentina 98

Not turning up v Brazil in quarter final 2002
Losing pen shoot out to Portugal 2004
Losing pen shoot out to Portugal 2006
Getting stuffed by Germany 4-1 2010

WAKE UP & SMELL THE COFFEE England have been letting us down ever since 66
We beat Spain at Euro 80 .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hi everyone. Hope you all had a fun evening. I went to the cinema and saw Sightseers; a rather amusing British film. I'm now going to make some toast then go to bed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hi everyone. Hope you all had a fun evening. I went to the cinema and saw Sightseers; a rather amusing British film. I'm now going to make some toast then go to bed.

Cracking film,fantastic ending, enjoy the toast, you chose well

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cracking film,fantastic ending, enjoy the toast, you chose well

Totally agree. The UK is the daddy when it comes to bleak, black comedy.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I didn't bother with the game but I did hear we were 1 up.

Take it it all went pear shaped again, with our highly paid Premiership Superstars?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
That was a good result for an average side which is what we are these days.

Why do our fans feel the need to moan constantly about the national side rather than supporting them? I'm a realist, I don't expect us to win every game as I know we are not good enough but I still support them.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
That was a good result for an average side which is what we are these days.

Why do our fans feel the need to moan constantly about the national side rather than supporting them? I'm a realist, I don't expect us to win every game as I know we are not good enough but I still support them.

To be fair we did have our 2 best recent performers out and no centre backs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wellbeck was fecking awful!

They should have played the same team that dicked San Marino....I thought woy was going to have a clear out and bring in youngsters? that idea went west

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
More of a worry for me is that the manager is not good enough.

It was obvious we were coming apart at the seams for a while before the goal and a better manager would have changed things.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Can't believe some of the ridiculous comments and sentiment on this result, really mindless stuff from a populace born and bred on red top driven prejudice.

Collectively we do not deserve a successful national unit because of the unrealistic expectations we set our team, and by extension ourselves. If any other leading European team had gone to Montenegro and got that result tonight we wouldn't even have raised an eyebrow, yet we lambast our own.

Does anyone realistically expect that Montenegro would not have a 10 or 15 minute spell? If you do, have you ever been to watch a football match? Do you really think any team has a divine right to victory? Really? Then you are as deluded as that jerk Roy Keane...who demonstrated clearly why he was a great player and terrible, terrible manager very clearly tonight.

Anyone who truly understands football will see that Hodgson is doing a sound job; he's imposed a fluid passing style on the team and it will take time to bear fruit. He presents extremely well in press conferences and he delivers confidence and team spirit to the players.

We have only dropped 2 points in the group so far, at home to Ukraine. Draws away against the better teams in qualifying groups are totally fine, because if you win the home match in the sub-set of two game ties you win the group.

England have not been beaten in a qualifying game for 26 matches, and are an improving team since the Euros.

Over-reactions like the ones demonstrated here are corrosive and if I were an England player and read them I'd think 'f*ck that' why should I show passion for this bunch of whining fools? Many have, as Gary Neville confirmed.

Support England, be constructive in criticism, or p!ss off is all I can say...

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
utter shambles, woeful pathetic performance, absolute disgrace to the badge. no commitment pride or passion. its bloody hard ordering a mcdonalds ffs hear england played well tonight

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wrong. We drew in Poland too, so have now dropped 6 points in the group, and we haven't beaten any of the 3 decent sides.

The reality is that John Terry and Rio Ferdinand know this squad isn't up to it. Jo Hart is the only regular to break through since WC 2010 that makes a meaningful contribution. I expect that we'll sneak through somehow, but it will be clseand won't be pretty.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Wrong. We drew in Poland too, so have now dropped 6 points in the group, and we haven't beaten any of the 3 decent sides.

The reality is that John Terry and Rio Ferdinand know this squad isn't up to it. Jo Hart is the only regular to break through since WC 2010 that makes a meaningful contribution. I expect that we'll sneak through somehow, but it will be clseand won't be pretty.
Drawing away is not dropping points, if you win each home tie you've taken four points to their one. Making qualification a near mathematical certainty assuming 6 points each against Moldova and San Marino. Hence only 2 points dropped against Ukraine.

John Terry and Rio Ferdinand are corrosively bad influences for different reasons and this looks like more of a team since they've departed; good riddance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports