Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Montenegro

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Can't believe some of the ridiculous comments and sentiment on this result, really mindless stuff from a populace born and bred on red top driven prejudice.

Collectively we do not deserve a successful national unit because of the unrealistic expectations we set our team, and by extension ourselves. If any other leading European team had gone to Montenegro and got that result tonight we wouldn't even have raised an eyebrow, yet we lambast our own.

Does anyone realistically expect that Montenegro would not have a 10 or 15 minute spell? If you do, have you ever been to watch a football match? Do you really think any team has a divine right to victory? Really? Then you are as deluded as that jerk Roy Keane...who demonstrated clearly why he was a great player and terrible, terrible manager very clearly tonight.

Anyone who truly understands football will see that Hodgson is doing a sound job; he's imposed a fluid passing style on the team and it will take time to bear fruit. He presents extremely well in press conferences and he delivers confidence and team spirit to the players.

We have only dropped 2 points in the group so far, at home to Ukraine. Draws away against the better teams in qualifying groups are totally fine, because if you win the home match in the sub-set of two game ties you win the group.

England have not been beaten in a qualifying game for 26 matches, and are an improving team since the Euros.

Over-reactions like the ones demonstrated here are corrosive and if I were an England player and read them I'd think 'f*ck that' why should I show passion for this bunch of whining fools? Many have, as Gary Neville confirmed.

Support England, be constructive in criticism, or p!ss off is all I can say...

A really good post, thank you.

That said, Hodgson did get his substitutions (or lack of) wrong tonight.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can't believe some of the ridiculous comments and sentiment on this result, really mindless stuff from a populace born and bred on red top driven prejudice.

Collectively we do not deserve a successful national unit because of the unrealistic expectations we set our team, and by extension ourselves. If any other leading European team had gone to Montenegro and got that result tonight we wouldn't even have raised an eyebrow, yet we lambast our own.

Does anyone realistically expect that Montenegro would not have a 10 or 15 minute spell? If you do, have you ever been to watch a football match? Do you really think any team has a divine right to victory? Really? Then you are as deluded as that jerk Roy Keane...who demonstrated clearly why he was a great player and terrible, terrible manager very clearly tonight.

Anyone who truly understands football will see that Hodgson is doing a sound job; he's imposed a fluid passing style on the team and it will take time to bear fruit. He presents extremely well in press conferences and he delivers confidence and team spirit to the players.

We have only dropped 2 points in the group so far, at home to Ukraine. Draws away against the better teams in qualifying groups are totally fine, because if you win the home match in the sub-set of two game ties you win the group.

England have not been beaten in a qualifying game for 26 matches, and are an improving team since the Euros.

Over-reactions like the ones demonstrated here are corrosive and if I were an England player and read them I'd think 'f*ck that' why should I show passion for this bunch of whining fools? Many have, as Gary Neville confirmed.

Support England, be constructive in criticism, or p!ss off is all I can say...

Great post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here