England vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which one would you prefer?

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Haha. Sorry, was meant to say 2012 i.e. end of this season.
Ah, ok. Well as I said I'll go for England, although winning the Euros is the equivalent of winning the League Cup. Seeing as you specified that they are mutually exclusive I'm quite happy to have a consolidation season this year to let us all catch our breath and then give it a real go next season.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I don't want to hit the dizzy heights of the Premiership before we are ready. Aside from the piss poor run we've been on recently I do actually enjoy life in the Championship. It's a competitive league where anyone can beat anyone else on their day. Some big away days and a decent quality of football, and we're filling our ground.

If we went up to the Premiership at the first time of asking prices would inevitably go up and we'd get a lot of hidings when facing the likes of Manchester City or an in form Arsenal.

I'd like to see our team evolve naturally over a few seasons so that when we go up we're doing so with a very strong footing. To go up this season would mean replacing MOST of our first team players to be honest, if we wanted to be competitive in the Premiership. And that would seem harsh on those who've got us this far.

Sometimes it really is just better to wait.

Mind you, I'm not even sure how interested I can get in the national side these days. I feel so far removed from the racist, snarling, moany, aggressive, namby-pamby primadonnas that make up the England team that it's very difficult to wish them well.

And besides, for England to win the European Championships there would have to be surprise knockouts of other far better teams. It would be like when Greece won Euro 2004. Nobody said "Fair play, the Greeks just wanted it more, they are the very best", everyone just complained that Greece should never have even got to the final and had made a joke of the competition.

If England made it all the way I can imagine similar sentiments from across the continent.

I think with England the whole set up is going to need be massively reorganised over many years before I can truly feel we're a team to be proud of and one capable of taking major honours.

So in the timeframe you've set, of the very near future, I actually want neither scenario to play out, but if I had to pick I'd probably go with England because it's something that can make the whole country happy and doesn't affect my season ticket price.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
My Brighton and Hove Albion over John Terry, Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard any day.

this with twinkly christmas failry lights on

alway my club over a bunch of over paid idiots

but it will be FAN tastic summer

8 June and 1 July 2012 - European Football Championships
and then the London Olympics!!!

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The feel good atmosphere around the country if England were by some miracle to do it would be amazing. If we made it to the premiership I would be worried that we would do a Derby and be piss poor coming down with minimal points because the infrastructure is not there (don't get me wrong it would be amazing though!).

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton

England doesn't care about the fans, so why should the fans care about England?

And it's not like when Brighton didn't care about the fans during the dark days because Archer and co are not and were not Brighton.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I find it hard to give a shit about England so it's Albion all the way for me. £40 million in the club coffers would be worthwhile even if we did come straight back down.

And the thought of the likes of Terry, Rooney, Cole and Ferdinand lording up an tournament win for years to come does not appeal to be honest.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Would have to be the Albion, even if we did struggle in the Prem and got relegated we would have 60 million quid parachute payment for a massive assualt the following season. Who wouldn't want to see the big guys at the Amex next season. I'm happy to wait for England to win the World Cup in 2014.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Club before Country - all day everyday.
Won't catch me cheering on Terry, Fat Frank, Wilshere, etc.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
It would have to be Brighton winning. I don't really consider the English team as England when they have a foreign manager. If Rednapp was in charge it would be different. I might of said England if you had said Zamora scored the winner in every game.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Now that everyone has written England off, I wouldn't be surprised if they went far at Euro 2012.
As for these saying they wouldn't "blink an eye" if England won it, that is bollocks. So the whole country would be celebrating and you'd be sat at home wanking into a wet flannel whilst watching X Factor or some shite? Pull the other one.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
My club over En-ger-land any day of the week...I have no intrest in international football what so ever!! in fact I have not got much intrest in the prem either TBH.

After May, Cricket is my only love football gets pushed to the back burner.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
England for me. Brighton can get there next season, too early this season, and I would LOVE to see England win a major tournament.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
cant believe anyone would prefer john terry, rooney, capello etc winning something rather than tha Albion. wtf

Skaraman

Nov 6, 2011
Definitely the Albion getting promoted...and there is a lot more chance of that happening than England winning anything!

Jimmy Grimble

Brighton every time.

Hope the Germans win the euros

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Anyone that says England over the Albion.

You are the True Plastic Brighton Fans and you probably have been giving it large about JCLs and JLEs when you should have been having a closer look at yourself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports