Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Which one would you prefer?

• Total voters

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Normally I dislike England because few players seem to care, but I will go with England this time. The answer would have been different if this were our second season at this level, or if we were still in league one.

However, for this one season only, I'm going for England to win the Euros. This country could do with a bit of good news.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure Brighton will win, and that's probably what I'd want. At the same time it would be great for England as it would shut a lot of moaners up, and we'd feel no pressure going into the next few tournaments, knowing we'd won something for once. Also for England it's once every two years, whereas it's every year for Brighton.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Eng-er-land!!

Major tournaments come round every two years if we even qualify, we have the opportunity of promotion every season. I also think we will be stronger next season and can win promotion then.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
England to win the Euros, definitely. I'd live in hope that the Albion can make it to the Premier League in good time, but when the team is ready.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
we'd feel no pressure going into the next few tournaments, knowing we'd won something for once.

Surely the reverse would actually happen?

If we were to win Euro 2012, the pressure for WC2014 would be heightened by virtue of the general attitude (especially from the media) of "we won one, so now why shouldn't we be capable of winning another?".

Sep 1, 2011
Eng-er-land!!

Major tournaments come round every two years if we even qualify, we have the opportunity of promotion every season. I also think we will be stronger next season and can win promotion then.

Exactly my reasoning, would it be worth going up this season and then going straight back down? I dont think so. After 2 seasons It would be Brighton all day long.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
England. I don't think we are ready for the Premier League without the extra seats and training ground (although the former could feasible happen this summer).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
England winning the Euros is as likely as Sunderland winning the Premiership. I would be very happy if England could win the Euros but I would be f***ing ECSTATIC if the mighty BHA surfaced in the EPL. No brainer, Albion every time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Of course, the realistic answer is that neither is going to happen.

The Albion aren't ready for the Premier League at this stage, although in a few seasons who knows. England are simply not as good as Spain, Netherlands and Germany to name but three.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Eng-er-land!!

England to win the Euros, definitely. I'd live in hope that the Albion can make it to the Premier League in good time, but when the team is ready.

I just don't get this. When we're strong enough to be promoted we'll be promoted. When we are promoted Tony will invest. It's an Albion no-brainer for me. Also, all of the teams promoted last season are holding their own.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I'm not saying if we go up this season it wont be as good, or that we wont be as ready. Rather that I think it should happen sooner or later, where as England success in a major International tournament may never happen in my lifetime. Therefore that is my choice.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
England to win Euro 2012 or Brighton to win promotion in 2012?

NB And yes Brovion, they are mutually exclusive for the purpose of this exercise.
Why pick on me? :)

Anyway, I can't vote (yet) as you haven't said what year. If you mean promotion 'this season' then I'll take England. If you mean 'ever' then I'll vote Albion.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Hoping for neither. We are not ready and they (England) are crap. If England did win a tournament (God forbid, but funnier things have happened e.g. Greece '04), all it would serve to achieve would be to cover up the massive institutional problems that exist within English football/society.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here