Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Montenegro [Official Match Thread]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Can't believe they let a load of Yanks cut up our pitch 2 weeks before our 2 biggest international games
For a shit game of egg chasing in over protective headgear & shoulder pads

I know, who'd have thought the Pittsburgh Steelers and Minnesota Vikings would be more popular than England.

Baffling.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Townsend gets the third, well deserved.

Proves how little I know about Premier League football as I'd never heard of him until last night. I thought "Who's this Andy Townsend? Isn't he the commentator?"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Proves how little I know about Premier League football as I'd never heard of him until last night. I thought "Who's this Andy Townsend? Isn't he the commentator?"

I was amazed he was starting. Well done to Woy for taking a gamble and very well played by the lad himself. Mom for me. Applause all round.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I'm in the same boat. I'd seen the name before but thought people were taking the p*ss of Andy Townsend. Didn't watch the match, but I gather he must be good. Got to Google him now as I don't even know who he plays for. :what:

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting

I must admit, it was the first time I had seen him play, was really impressed with him.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm in the same boat. I'd seen the name before but thought people were taking the p*ss of Andy Townsend. Didn't watch the match, but I gather he must be good. Got to Google him now as I don't even know who he plays for. :what:
He plays for Spurs apparently, but was on loan at QPR last season. That's no affectation on my part, I'd genuinely never heard of the lad. Hope he's not a flash in the pan.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Townsend was a target on loan for us either last season or the season before if i remember correctly - he played and scored against us in a pre-season friendly in 2011 - not the first AMEX game, but a friendly a few weeks before (i think out in Spain somewhere, i could be wrong).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Townsend was a target on loan for us either last season or the season before if i remember correctly - he played and scored against us in a pre-season friendly in 2011 - not the first AMEX game, but a friendly a few weeks before (i think out in Spain somewhere, i could be wrong).

People in here were genuinely saying we should get him on loan at the start of this season!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
People in here were genuinely saying we should get him on loan at the start of this season!

I don't see why not. He's played for everyone else.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I can only presume that they didn't think he would get a look in at Spurs after being out on loan last season, coupled with Spurs buying everyone in the close season.

I doubt many expected him to make the impact he has made so far this season.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Wonder what Walcott was thinking about Townsend's performance in his position on the right?

The same sort of thing that Ashley "photo of my pants" Cole was thinking when Leighton Baines was showing Woy how it's done.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wonder what Walcott was thinking about Townsend's performance in his position on the right?

Pre-match;
"This guy is blatantly a joke, I'll walk back into the team".

Half time;
"He runs around a bit, threatens not to be shit but blatantly is".

Post-match;
"Oh Crystal Palace, this crazy fool might be better than me :down: "

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would imagine that Walcott was just hoping anyone would step up and win England these two games, rather than worrying about his own place. After all, there's little point him being first choice, if the team hasn't got a tournament to play in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here