Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Germany 5pm . On the front foot from the start .

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'm surprised DCL hasn't made the bench. Good player and a great target man if we need to go direct.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Think that's it for Ben, even if we get to the final. Southgate isn't going to play him in tougher knockouts if he doesn't even give him minutes in the group stages.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
For me, if the rumours are true, Foden is the big omission from the team. Yes, he hasn't hit the heights yet that he did during the season for City, but he is capable of winning a game single-handedly with a moment of magic, more so than any other player in the squad.

I guess the thinking is that Sterling and Saka will run in behind and stretch the slow German defence. I guess we'll have to wait and see, can't do much else than hope Southgate's negative approach reaps the rewards.

He is, Might have something to do with that at Citeh he is surrounded by quick, slick interchanging passers who in the main, flood the final third of the pitch, whereas here he's in a park the bus defensive system and being asked to be like a lone right winger.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Only seven defensive outfield players. Gareth is going for it!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I hope to be proven wrong but yet another ridiculously cautious and negative team selection by Southgate. We’ve got so many good attacking players yet he picks 5 defenders and 2 shit defensive midfielders.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I think you can take it that we are definitely not going for it from the off

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
11 players. Eight are defensive.

Madness.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Criminal having Foden on the bench instead of being on the pitch from the off
Henderson not starting though is a plus

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Think I'll be putting some paint on the wall rather than watching this mob.

At least it looks like were winning the cricketball.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With that defensive line-up, we've gone from Magic Monday to Turgid Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here