Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Germany 5pm . On the front foot from the start .

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Please tell me that's a joke, it's been so nice not hearing that dirge! I'm sure Crodo will be happy though.

I think the question is which England player is going to miss the decisive penalty? My money is on Kane to miss the first, if he's still on the pitch by that point, Germany to score all of theirs and then Kyle Walker to miss the one that knocks us out.

No joke, on BBC's Breakfast program they did a piece from Raheem Stirling's old school which is within sight of Wembley Stadium. At the end of it the reporter said "and more good news, the England Band will be back at Wembley today", and they had them there playing their usual dirge version of The Great Escape!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]1409800250760499204[/tweet]

He later clarified that he meant 343.

Probably legit info. Team news has been leaked every game so far.

Yeah Athletic have been spot on all the way through.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Where have you seen this?

It will be a back 3. It was always going to be as soon as he knew we were playing Germany and how dangerous they can be with their wing backs. As we know he's naturally cautious and will automatically think of a way to counter their threat rather than a way we can take the game to them. Walker, Stones and Maguire will be the back 3 with probably James and Saka or Shaw at wing back I guess.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No joke, on BBC's Breakfast program they did a piece from Raheem Stirling's old school which is within sight of Wembley Stadium. At the end of it the reporter said "and more good news, the England Band will be back at Wembley today", and they had them there playing their usual dirge version of The Great Escape!

:facepalm:

Awful news. That's me watching the game on mute then. Why don't these self-appointed bellends just **** off?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Oh FFS! :ffsparr: It's beyond parody now!

Going out to Germany on penalties with that lot droning on The Great Escape in the background is the stuff of nightmares and yet I can't see anything else happening!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So it sounds like we will be going in without

Foden - star man for runaway champions
Mount - star man for fa cup and champs league winners
Grealish - by far the most creative Englishman in the league last season.

If we lose then Southgate has to go.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ich bin ein Berliner :thumbsup:

donuts.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's going for the pace of Sterling and Saka to nullify their wingbacks. Hope it works. Big call to leave out all 3 number 10s.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He's going for the pace of Sterling and Saka to nullify their wingbacks. Hope it works. Big call to leave out all 3 number 10s.

I'm worried about the big creative void in the middle of the park. With the security of 3 CBs I'd have liked a more progressive CM. With Mount apparently benched, I'd go for Bellingham. Hendo and Rice odds on though.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Rest easy, we are the better team, we are at home, we have a master tactician in the dugout who has a plan to beat the big teams .... footballs coming home [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I love a bit of well placed irony!!! Hahahahaha!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
England qualify for the tournament playing pragmatic 'don't lose' football.
England win the group playing pragmatic 'don't lose' football.
England play 3 games without conceding a goal playing pragmatic 'don't lose' football.

Now in a game that's the dictionary definition of playing pragmatic 'don't lose' football some fans want/expect England to play on the front foot and take the game to Germany.

Ohhhhh the entitlement is strong today. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here