Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Australia, Only Test, Trent Bridge

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It's actually quite relaxing to follow an ashes test where the aussies are the overwhelming favourites.
I'm used to this feeling, I can deal with it.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Please for the debutant Filer getting her first wicket and its an important one of Mooney. Lunch finds Aus on 100/2 so a fairly even morning.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Both teams probably fairly happy, Australia to still be batting and over 300 while it could have been a lot worse given they were 200/2 at one point.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sophie Ecclestone bowled superbly and really unlucky not to get more wickets, she's a class act. Bit too much buffet bowling from the others

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Joe Root reckons Sophie Ecclestone is good enough to be able to bowl in men’s professional cricket, and I certainly respect his opinion

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Joe Root reckons Sophie Ecclestone is good enough to be able to bowl in men’s professional cricket, and I certainly respect his opinion
That statement took me to YouTube to take a look.

Yes, I agree with him. She is quality. And don't 'alf turn it as well.

Reactions: A1X

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If Moeen's not up for bowling (and Jacks isn't really a frontline test bowler), England could be really radical and call up Ecclestone. I swear she bowled most testing deliveries in that last session than Moeen bowled all match.

It won't happen, of course, but I reckon that she'd be a very decent option

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If Moeen's not up for bowling (and Jacks isn't really a frontline test bowler), England could be really radical and call up Ecclestone. I swear she bowled most testing deliveries in that last session than Moeen bowled all match.

It won't happen, of course, but I reckon that she'd be a very decent option
Isn't the ball a different size though? (There was a thread discussing it). Not sure she'd be as effective bowling a mens' ball, but yes, apart from that I agree, it would be interesting and quite in keeping the 'Bazball'.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Was actually thinking last night it might be interesting to create an Australia vs England series along these lines:
  • 2x Mens Tests
  • 2x Womens Tests
  • 1x Mixed Test (consisting of teams made up of 6 men and 5 women

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Isn't the ball a different size though? (There was a thread discussing it). Not sure she'd be as effective bowling a mens' ball, but yes, apart from that I agree, it would be interesting and quite in keeping the 'Bazball'.
It is a different size but she has played men's cricket, so it wouldn't be strange to her

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Australia fully in control at lunch on day 2 on 439 - 8. Wouldn't surprise me if they declared over lunch. Going to be hard for England to win from this position

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Great hundred by Tammy Beaumont :clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here