Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** England v Australia, 1st Specsavers Ashes Test, Edgbaston. Official match thread ****

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
**** this playing for a draw shit - get to 200 only 2 or 3 down than start smacking out for the 400 and win :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Absolute ripper from Siddle, very fortunate for Roy catch somehow evades the slips and keeper

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Need to bat the whole day, I know what i’ll do I’ll charge down the pitch to a world class spinner on a spinning top of a surface and get myself bowled. Absolutely crazy from Roy, where’s his application?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Need to bat the whole day, I know what i’ll do I’ll charge down the pitch to a world class spinner on a spinning top of a surface and get myself bowled. Absolutely crazy from Roy, where’s his application?

It's not like he was bogged down for 3 hours, he's batted for an hour and 20mins. Lunch is 40mins away. That is just a shot of someone unable to cope with the mental test.

You might get out to a freak ball, but don't give your wicket away. That was shocking.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What's with the facepalm, BG is absolutely correct, or do you just facepalm everything BG says ?

No chance whatsover in chasing down the required total in a day.

It was quite clearly a tongue in cheek JOKE?! :facepalm: have one yourself ;)

Sorry if it should have been more clear - I just assumed only BG would read it as genuine!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
No chance whatsover in chasing down the required total in a day.

Not a lot of chance batting through the day either.

For England, do they want to be dragged, clinging on by the fingernails, into the abyss. Or make a fight of it........before ending up in the abyss. Love test cricket.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If a century that takes 4+ hours was needed from Root or anybody today is the day. For all of my criticism of him Root seems the most likely to be able to do it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Nothing wrong with using your feet to spinners but you get down and smother the ball takes the spin out the game, why is he trying to hit a six in a run chase when we aren’t even trying to win? I like Roy but that one shot makes me question whether he has the mentality to play test cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here