Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England squad for Nations League

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Tbf burnley sit back a lot. And he is a keane style hoofer. Should be in the squad ahead of keane though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarkowski is a better player than Mings, Keane and Dier IMO, every time we play Burnley I’m impressed by him but unfortunately he’s held back by the ‘Burnley hoofers’ tag

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We say Dunk is hard done by but you have to say Tarkowski is equally if not more hard done by.

Highest ranked central defender in the league for Tackles won, 2nd most blocks, highest clearances, highest headed clearances

Can’t even get a sniff at the squad, pathetic.

Coady over Tarkowski for me any day (Dunk over both of them of course)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Southgates mother used to read to the wife in an after school club, I’ll try my best to get a direct quote why he obviously hates Lewis Dunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Anyone else feel like vomming with this trend for announcing squads on Twitter as "your" squad?

Is it possible to still like Southgate when he's such a cock about not selecting one of the best defenders in the country on form and class?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It'll be interesting to see how we line up for the two games with no left sided defender. Presumably he'll play one of the three right backs on the left but will he go with three at the back and wing backs making it easier defensively for whoever gets lumbered with the LWB spot?

Perm any three from Kane, Rashford, Sancho and Sterling and you've got a front three that will cause any team problems. I'd like to see Greenwood get a few minutes too in at least one of the games. The trouble is how do you service them? I'd go with Foden and Mount with Rice sitting behind them as a midfield three.

The defence? Walker at LB? Then Mings and Gomez in the centre and TAA on the right?

Hopefully he'll give a game each to Henderson and Pope. Pickford has had a poor season and their is nothing to be gained by playing him. We need to see the other two in (semi) competitive action to see if they are viable alternatives.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This may have been posted before but could explain why dunk’s chance may have gone. Painful viewing.

https://youtu.be/6We7UrYPg_k

i doubt any of the other 4 mentioned would have done much better to be honest ....1 on 1 against rashford starting in the D ...ffs..:bigwave:
best course slide in knee high and take him out....:lolol: joke.

obviously it would be a great achievement to get a decent run in the England set up but then again i'd imagine there is a fair amount of nepotism involved so i am selfishly happy for him to be overlooked.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
i doubt any of the other 4 mentioned would have done much better to be honest ....1 on 1 against rashford starting in the D ...ffs..:bigwave:

obviously it would be a great achievement to get a decent run in the England set up but then again i'd imagine there is a fair amount of nepotism involved so i am selfishly happy for him to be overlooked.

When Michael ******keane gets selected over him , it makes me wonder if something went badly wrong for him in training last time.
But yes, He’s immense For us which is the main thing.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
This may have been posted before but could explain why dunk’s chance may have gone. Painful viewing.

https://youtu.be/6We7UrYPg_k

This is a shooting excercise designed to boost a strikers confidence. Done versus a new to the squad CB he obviously will not be allowed to fly in with a tackle or anything like that. Why this was allowed to be filmed shows why Southgate is not fit to be manager. I have said before there is an interview with Tony Adams on Sky when he remembers being asked to do a similar training routine versus Henry. He walked off the pitch into the dressing room. When Wenger asked him why he answered with 'I have spent my entire career avoiding being in that situation'. There is nothing to be gained even from an experienced defender in that excercise, southgate would have been bettter served putting himself there.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This is a shooting excercise designed to boost a strikers confidence. Done versus a new to the squad CB he obviously will not be allowed to fly in with a tackle or anything like that. Why this was allowed to be filmed shows why Southgate is not fit to be manager. I have said before there is an interview with Tony Adams on Sky when he remembers being asked to do a similar training routine versus Henry. He walked off the pitch into the dressing room. When Wenger asked him why he answered with 'I have spent my entire career avoiding being in that situation'. There is nothing to be gained even from an experienced defender in that excercise, southgate would have been bettter served putting himself there.

well yeah....there's only one winner there isn't there....big up rashford , ridicule the new boy....nice work gareth you plum.:rolleyes:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

This, and also Dunks performance in the game,vs USA, was as solid as ever. Didn’t have an awful lot to do, but looked his usual confident self.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

No matter how many years Southgate carries on as England manager, just losing out in the quarters and the odd semi, coming across as reasonable and plausible in interviews after another game that didn't go quite right, I'll never get over the fact that he strikes me as a bit of a ****. Call me harsh, but there it is :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
well yeah....there's only one winner there isn't there....big up rashford , ridicule the new boy....nice work gareth you plum.:rolleyes:

I also think he's absolutely shafted McGuire and hung him out to dry. First he names him in his squad aftre he been charged, then he throws him out when he's found guilty (but it was just a fine - time to move on) even though the boy is livid and has launched an immediate appeal.

Bobby Moore was charged with theft in Mexico. Ramsey didn't try to make out how important and standard-setting he was by binning him off and making Colin effing Bell the captain.

Fergy would have played Cantona had Cantona not been banned for assault. In front of 200 million world wide TV viewers. Fergy knew his players. Southgate doesn't.

Don't get me wrong. I think McGuire is over rated, but winning football matches is not all about the manager being seen to be doing the right thing. If Southgit thinks this is his number one priority he should get a job as a manager at Sainsbury, where he can run around checking things haven't passed their sell by date.

Like himself in his present job.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I also think he's absolutely shafted McGuire and hung him out to dry. First he names him in his squad aftre he been charged, then he throws him out when he's found guilty (but it was just a fine - time to move on) even though the boy is livid and has launched an immediate appeal.

Bobby Moore was charged with theft in Mexico. Ramsey didn't try to make out how important and standard-setting he was by binning him off and making Colin effing Bell the captain.

Fergy would have played Cantona had Cantona not been banned for assault. In front of 200 million world wide TV viewers. Fergy knew his players. Southgate doesn't.

Don't get me wrong. I think McGuire is over rated, but winning football matches is not all about the manager being seen to be doing the right thing. If Southgit thinks this is his number one priority he should get a job as a manager at Sainsbury, where he can run around checking things haven't passed their sell by date.

Like himself in his present job.

probably the most underwhelming England managerial appointment to be honest .....i mean they did ok i guess but when you look at the talent he had in the squad , i have always thought that a really successful England team would be the home offices worst nightmare......last thing they want is to fan any sort of national pride....but as hammy hamster would say ...thats another story.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
probably the most underwhelming England managerial appointment to be honest .....i mean they did ok i guess but when you look at the talent he had in the squad , i have always thought that a really successful England team would be the home offices worst nightmare......last thing they want is to fan any sort of national pride....but as hammy hamster would say ...thats another story.

Tales of the Riverbank. You must be as old as me, FFS :lolol: :thumbsup:

Love the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VTn6VlUXNA

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Great to see us and the Villa fans coming together to agree Southgate’s clueless:

[tweet]1298360821668556801[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here