[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Well unlike many on here I quite enjoyed the match. What people expect from a scratch team playing a friendly I have no idea. If we don’t play fringe players then when will we? I even resigned myself to the goalie constantly giving away possession by telling myself that was probably his one chance and he blew it. That’s how we find these things out surely.

Dunk and Stones looked majestic when paired together. If I can see this then hopefully that wingnut of a manager we have will realise his best pairing at long last

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hasn't Groß been with us six years?

And, what about Solly......?
What the screenshot shown doesn't mention, but is mentioned on social media posts the image originated from, is that it's a list of the longest serving player at each Premier League club. Not a list of longest serving players in the Premier League.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Shirley establishing himself in England squads.

Keane, Tarkowski, Dier, Mings, Coady, Maguire are inferior players.
None of them are fit to wear the shirt but guarantee some still will, especially Slabhead

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

What the screenshot shown doesn't mention, but is mentioned on social media posts the image originated from, is that it's a list of the longest serving player at each Premier League club. Not a list of longest serving players in the Premier League.

I have no idea how the "14 years 3 months" for Dunk is calculated. Assuming it is from today, that would mean they have used a date around July 2009. Why? In July 2009 Dunk was about to commence the second year of his scholarship.

He has actually been at the club since August 2003 (which is 20 years and 2 months).
He commenced his scholarship with the club in July 2008 (which is 15 years and 3 months).
He made his first team debut in May 2010 (which is 13 years and 5 months).
He signed his first professional contract at the end of June 2010 (which is 13 years and 4 months).

Take your pick, but "14 years 3 months" is nonsense.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Wankgate will pick Maguire to play with stones and dunk will be on the bench v Italy : at least that hypocrite Henderson won’t be in the team

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Defending Johnstone here a bit, I think when playing out from the back it’s best to have the back 4 and keeper to have played together a few times as training is not the same, it’s too easy to pass it to the keeper then not find space allowing a forward to chase the keeper down and in doing that the keeper lumps it forwards in panic.

I think Johnstone has the most clean sheets in the premier league this season and last night was his 4th clean sheet in a row.

But he did look nervous I thought.
I found Johnstone's favourite training video.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Rumours are likely to start coming out shortly.

Does Dunk start?
I'm predicting Maguire and Guehi to start if Pep has instructed Southgate to rest Stones. It is unlikely that Southgate will publicly admit that he has been wrong for the last 4 to 5 years. However, if Dunk starts then it suggests he is first choice heading to the Euros (if we qualify).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rumours are likely to start coming out shortly.

Does Dunk start?
If Slabhead starts ahead of Dunk, despite Dunk's last couple of highly impressive appearances, then it's conclusive proof that Waistcoat hasn't the slightest scooby what he's doing. Would be really funny to watch tho. That awful hangdog Slabhead expression, coupled with the Waistcoat frown. Priceless! :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports