[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bullshit.

How will others learn if he picks his favourites ?

Phase them in like I said. But you can’t put Dunk & Maguire in and the rest are also inexperienced.

I’d like to have seen Stones & Dunk perhaps

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It’s seems trendy to dislike the most successful England manager in my lifetime…not really sure why ?

Because he doesn't seem to be very good at his job. We got to one final and one semi, which isn't bad, but then we have a very good squad of players, so it's not particularly impressive.

His greatest achievement is getting the players to be a team, rather than opponents from various PL sides. But he hasn't demonstrated much tactical ability. He achieved nothing of note before becoming England manager.

And he says he'll pick players based on form, and then goes ahead and picks players who have zero form, on account of never being picked for their club team.

If England win a major trophy, then he'll have been successful. If they don't, then he won't have. Being among the best losers doesn't represent success for a country so brimming with talent.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
A home game against a team that had lost 2 in a row vs a euros qualifier away to a team 90% of the stadium are cheering on as well as everything else that goes with the Ukraine ?

Totally different level I’m afraid
They lost to Liverpool and Man City, not Luton and Sheff utd. The premier league is the highest pressure league in the world.

Maguire (btw, I feel sorry for him) hasn’t earned his spot, he’s got it because Southgate hasn’t the balls to try another combination. That is not how you win things, that’s going into a game trying not to lose. He has the players, he just needs to use them. Against Italy we went ahead and a second goal would have finished them off, in stead he went ultra cautious, we eventually conceded and then had no real chance of getting another. He then screwed the substitutions up which effectively threw the penalty takers under the bus.

if Maguire screws up today he will be destroyed by the press, he’s in a no win situation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I disagree, he would be great at managing a tea party or a library.
I wouldn’t trust him to manage a tea party. He’d only pick his favourite spam sandwiches & jam sponge cake.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Right. So phase Dunk in by starting him ahead of someone who cannot get into the pitch at United.

Go back to my original point about experience

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They lost to Liverpool and Man City, not Luton and Sheff utd. The premier league is the highest pressure league in the world.

Maguire (btw, I feel sorry for him) hasn’t earned his spot, he’s got it because Southgate hasn’t the balls to try another combination. That is not how you win things, that’s going into a game trying not to lose. He has the players, he just needs to use them. Against Italy we went ahead and a second goal would have finished them off, in stead he went ultra cautious, we eventually conceded and then had no real chance of getting another. He then screwed the substitutions up which effectively threw the penalty takers under the bus.

if Maguire screws up today he will be destroyed by the press, he’s in a no win situation.

And if we win its job done, no dramas.

And ‘experiment’ against Scotland on Tuesday

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Go back to my original point about experience
How do you get experience if you can't get into the pitch?

If you want to fawn over uninspired selections then go for it. But he's got it wrong. And so do you.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Phase them in like I said. But you can’t put Dunk & Maguire in and the rest are also inexperienced.

I’d like to have seen Stones & Dunk perhaps
That’s the point though isn’t it. Stones and Dunk would work, as would stones and GuehI. The issue here is Maguire, he should be sat in front of the TV watching the game, not playing in it. If he started week in, week out then I could understand it but he isn’t.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
And if we win its job done, no dramas.

And ‘experiment’ against Scotland on Tuesday
And if he doesn’t and Maguire is at fault. He’s basically thrown one of his players under a bus.

As for an experiment against Scotland, it won’t matter how well the two CB play they know he won’t pick them, because he’s too scared too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bullshit.

How will others learn if he picks his favourites ?
I hope we get f***ing stuffed the useless talentless c@@t .

A f***ing bench warmer and a Palace wanker

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And if he doesn’t and Maguire is at fault. He’s basically thrown one of his players under a bus.

As for an experiment against Scotland, it won’t matter how well the two CB play they know he won’t pick them, because he’s too scared too.

And if Dunk gets thrown into a qualified and we lose because of a mistake from him, his career is done and Southgate gets criticised for lack of experience.

Come back to me at 6.45

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports