Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
As is that tbh. We lost that because of goalkeeping errors and CH not keeping the team focussed.

that’s one player ffs and the operative word is future.

You do not pick a player who hasn’t played any meaningful football in a World Cup qualifier. we’ve tried it in the past and it‘s always ended badly …
He's a wind up merchant apologist. Waste of time bothering.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As is that tbh. We lost that because of goalkeeping errors and CH not keeping the team focussed.

that’s one player ffs and the operative word is future.

You do not pick a player who hasn’t played any meaningful football in a World Cup qualifier. we’ve tried it in the past and it‘s always ended badly …
We didn’t win the Championship because the players preferred getting pissed. Professionalism levels way below what we have become.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Phase them in like I said. But you can’t put Dunk & Maguire in and the rest are also inexperienced.

I’d like to have seen Stones & Dunk perhaps
The rest are only "inexperienced" because Southgate won't play them. At some stage you have to take a little risk. At this rate we'll be relying on Maguire in the 2026 World Cup, as no-one else will have any experience!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's a wind up merchant apologist. Waste of time bothering.

I’m not at all. As someone who’s done England games for 20 years , every tournament along the way I’m way more invested than most ‘I only support England if a Brighton player is involved’ small club mentality lot 😀

Too much is made of Maguire and he’s a scapegoat. He’s been quality and pretty much flawless for England in 50 odd games.

Dropped at Man Utd because of the way they play - the same kind of reason some Brighton players who are quality are being used less under RDZ - Veltman for example

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Slava Ukraini!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I guess there’s only me and @Sheebo left but I’m English and I support the national team. I don’t just suddenly start my interest when they get to the quarter finals of a big tournament and all my mates are suddenly off to the pub, faces painted. I want us to win qualifiers and friendlies too. I’ve got mates who follow England everywhere, a mate who lost an eye in Turkey following England.

I watched us under Hyypia, Case, Hinshlewood. Hopeless coaches selecting hopeless players. At no point did I post “come on Barnet / Port Vale / Blackpool you can beat this shit”.

I’m sure you’ll get loads of trendy likes, but ultimately devoting yourself to a club cause beyond your own nationality and culture leads to where Newcastle fans were last night, decked in Saudi shirts and cheering on bloodthirsty princes.
Same here re Albion, but England can f*** right off. Really hoping for a loss today and against the scots

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
And if Dunk gets thrown into a qualified and we lose because of a mistake from him, his career is done and Southgate gets criticised for lack of experience.

Come back to me at 6.45
So Dunk couldn’t handle a qualifier then? No point being there is there! You are spouting rubbish. Maguire has played 0 minutes, he can have all the experience you want but he doesn’t mean he has any kind of match fitness. I’m sure Dunky and most of NSC would back him to be able to come through this game without embarrassing you!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Go back to my original point about experience
How much experience did Alexis have before he helped win the World Cup? He had a manager who recognised his potential and gave him a chance, something the inept Southgate is incapable all the time he disregards form.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Has there been a worse/luckier manager? I think not. Even Keegan was a better manager than this clown.
Anyone who doesn't believe Potter would not be an upgrade is deluded

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Can you imagine if Southgate was BHA manager....no Caicedo, no Sanchez, no Enciso, no Ayari, no Buonanotte, no Van Hecke, no Adingra....probably no Mitoma. The guy has the pick of the best English talent in generations, and we have Maguire and Henderson starting. And Kalvin Philips on the bench - the bloke who's started TWO whole league games in the last year.
Southgate would still have Andy Rollings playing (once he shut up the cafe for the day!)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How much experience did Alexis have before he helped win the World Cup? He had a manager who recognised his potential and gave him a chance, something the inept Southgate is incapable all the time he disregards form.

I think that Messi bloke was quite experienced though.

My point is - you can’t just throw in a new CB pairing with no international experience for a qualifier. 8 caps, most in friendlies is all the others have

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Terrible analogy. Dunk was part of a team that couldn’t win the championship by needing 1 point from a final 3 games.

And captained a team that lost to a woeful Man Utd at a semi cup final ?!

So if that’s the barometer your using, Dunk is not a ‘winner’ per-se

Doubtful given they have a player RDZ described as a future Balon Dor winner and a CB worth £40M+
Have you been on the sherry today? your certainly making a fool of yourself in many eyes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have you been on the sherry today? your certainly making a fool of yourself in many eyes.

Not really - just my opinion.

It’s you’re by the way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Same here re Albion, but England can f*** right off. Really hoping for a loss today and against the scots
Luckily for you Scotland should qualify for Euro 24 so you can support them in that. Enjoy mowing the garden after the group stages when we’re still going :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here