Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m quite pleased Dunk isn’t playing. The quality of those around him is way below those he plays with every week. 1-0

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Who'd want Southgate as Albion manager? I appreciate that we've got it good at the moment, but would we have wanted him as Albion manager after Potter? No. After Hughton? Probably still no.

If he's not good enough for your club, he shouldn't be good enough for your country.

Having followed England away on a number of occasions including to Japan for WC2002, of course I still support them and want them to win. But it's so frustrating that England have recently won major tournaments at different age levels, but haven't done so with the Senior squad. We've got the players to do it, but I don't believe Southgate would ever deliver a trophy.

We've achieved in spite of him, not because of him.

And having written all that, Ukraine have just scored.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Did anyone expect Dunk to start? It wouldn't shock me to see a Dunk - Colwill partnership against Scotland. I think Southgate sees Colwill as the future LCB and who better to play alongside him on his debut than his partner last season.

I don't understand people who refuse to support England because Southgate has made a call they don't like. I'm far more pissed off that Foden is on the bench and Henderson is on the pitch
I expect Dunk, consistently one of the best defenders in the country, to start over Maguire who cannot buy his way onto a football pitch.

Still supporting England

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I can see why that guehi bloke was picked ahead of Colwill, but I can't see a reason to pick out of form/favour players ahead of in form ones :shrug:
It must be because the manager doesn't have a clue how to play any other way than kick and rush football

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maguire and palace goon ball watching - marking the same player 🙈

Screenshot 2023-09-09 6.27.50 PM.png

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I can see why that guehi bloke was picked ahead of Colwill, but I can't see a reason to pick out of form/favour players ahead of in form ones :shrug:
It must be because the manager doesn't have a clue how to play any other way than kick and rush football
Defending is about teamwork, relationships, understanding. Dunk and Colwill an obvious choice.

Is anyone really suggesting Dunk doesn't have experience?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here