[Albion] England squad announced today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think we all know who will be in and who won't.

Even if a Brighton player did get in, he will promptly injure himself.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Neither. It's Southgate.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What's another name for large? Fati Gross and ?
You know ChatGPT is supposed to take over the world? I asked it for a third to complete the pun and this was its effort

Given the names "Pascal Gross" and "Ansu Fati," as well as the theme of using names that sound like synonyms, you could use "Chubby Modric" as a third option. This plays on the name of the soccer player Luka Modric and incorporates the term "chubby," which is a synonym for "fat."

So I told it off and it had another go

How about "Rotund Busquets"? This plays on the name of the soccer player Sergio Busquets and includes the term "rotund," which is a synonym for "fat."

It is literally putting words meaning fat in front of a footballer. I gave it one more telling off and now I give up.

I understand now, and I apologize for the confusion earlier. Given your criteria, a suitable pun might be "Plumpi Fati." This plays on the name "Ansu Fati" while incorporating the term "plump," which is a synonym for "fat."

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I'll predict Dunk, but not Solly.

Too much competition for a spot for another winger to be incorporated. About 8 players would have to be injured for Solly to play in a match that mattered.

Whereas Dunk has been the most in form, English centre back, currently fit, for a long period of time.
I have a bet with my son that Dunk will be the starting centre-back for England at next year's Euros. You watch.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Belly Filmour

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I have a bet with my son that Dunk will be the starting centre-back for England at next year's Euros. You watch.
It's hard to predict Southgate.

but any sensible manager I think would be looking at it as Stones and Colwill competing for LCB slot. Stones ahead at the moment. Dunk competing against Guehi, Tomori and maybe White for the RCB slot. As things stand, Dunk surely a million miles ahead of those 3.

The fact that Maguire is still even in the reckoning is baffling. He's not playing for a very good reason.

England could have a Keeper and back 4 of ....

------Ramsdale
TAA Dunk Stones Chilwell

That is the basis of a very good passing side. (you could sub in James, White, Pickford Colwill, Shaw as injury and form dictates)

Chucking Maguire in there, because he might get the occasional goal from a corner, but totally sacrifices your ability to pass out from the back is utterly stupid

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
No chance that Solly will be in unless there’s a couple of injuries.
Let’s see if Dunky makes it - may not this time as the waistcoated winker keeps faith with losers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports