Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England squad announced today

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gareth Southgate will announce his next selection of out-of-form and favoured players (Harry Maguire - I'm looking at you) to represent the Three Lions today.

Lewis Dunk?

Solly March?

Let's see...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Both deserve to be in.

Whether they will be is another question - personally I think they both will be.

Dunk was of course in the last one, before having to withdraw.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Both deserve to be in.

Whether they will be is another question - personally I think they both will be.

Dunk was of course in the last one, before having to withdraw.
Jarrod Bowen's performance against us could elevate him as a Saka back-up selection on the right.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'll predict Dunk, but not Solly.

Too much competition for a spot for another winger to be incorporated. About 8 players would have to be injured for Solly to play in a match that mattered.

Whereas Dunk has been the most in form, English centre back, currently fit, for a long period of time.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Solly will be overlooked as will Lewis.....

I am worried about them getting injured, so not that bothered on a personal note, but obviously for them it is well deserved and about time.
Can you imagine two Albion players playing for England, wow just wow, today could be a massive day for the club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Solly March has continued his excellent form from the back end of last season and has already scored three goals in the Premier League. The 29-year-old was another player namechecked last time by the England manager but with the forwards included in May (Bukayo Saka, Jack Grealish, Phil Foden, Callum Wilson, Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford) and the potential addition of Sterling, he could still be eighth in line to play.

March's team-mate Lewis Dunk has also started the season well and had to withdraw with injury after being called up in May. The emergence of Colwill may mean the Chelsea defender has jumped ahead of him, but centre-back could well be an area of movement for Southgate.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll predict Dunk, but not Solly.

Too much competition for a spot for another winger to be incorporated. About 8 players would have to be injured for Solly to play in a match that mattered.
I'm not sure any of us would make a case for playing March instead of Saka, other than in a relatively low-key "testing a few things out" fixture.

But he must be in the reckoning for inclusion in the squad right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here