Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England fans accused of racist chanting

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
This is FER'a trying to discredit England's campaign against racism in Europe. Implying that the English are hypocritical by creating a tenuous link to the Terry/Ferdinand case! But all its achieved is confirming UEFA's intent to sweep Europe's culture of racism (within football) under the carpet!

Nb: the quicker John terry retires from football the better it'll be for English football. The man is an arse!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ban yourself for racism, that is unacceptable. Have you not heard a white man cannot say anything about a black man without it being racially aggravated?

I've only heard it from paranoid self pitying morons to be honest (and I am not including you in that section of society BTW).

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The F.A.R.E. spokesman is quoted (on the Prosoccer Talk website)
“One of the things we want to underline straight off is that sometimes racism doesn’t only take the form of monkey chants or bananas being thrown. Sometimes there are things that are more subtle at play.

Hmm ...So damn subtle that nobody else can see it !. .....Get a life! Footballers get banter, that is a fact . Be a man and live with it as you count the rewards of your profession..

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Of course not. But you've missed the point that Pogue Mahone was trying to make. Rio Ferdinand should expect some stick relating to his reluctance to play for, England, providing of course that it's based, as seems likely, purely on his perceived attitude to the national side.

However, if, as is being alleged, some individuals have brought Anton into it, then one has to question their motives to a degree, as he is absolutely nothing to do with this issue, and has never even got close to being good enough for international honours. It seems somewhat likely that it might be people with Chelsea allegiances, as I can't see why anybody else should have a problem with Anton (indeed, he's probably been very kind to many attacking teams over the years). It might not be overtly racist chanting as such, but given Anton's position in the John Terry saga, it's inevitable certain parties might question their motives. They are idiots for bringing Anton into it.

That said, if UEFA's standard response to racism is anything to go by, the worst that can be expected is a £400 fine for the FA and a suspended threat to play an U16 match behind closed doors.

Except that, because its England, they'll probably impose a £1m fine and a 3 year ban from all international competition - which will, in itself, be capable of being construed as racist!! or at least countryist!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Except that, because its England, they'll probably impose a £1m fine and a 3 year ban from all international competition - which will, in itself, be capable of being construed as racist!! or at least countryist!

This is, of course, crap. Get that chip off your shoulder.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
n a statement the Football Association said its security officers monitored the English supporters in the stadium and had access to recorded video footage.

It said: "While we have no reason to dispute the media reports, which are without doubt made for the right reasons of fighting racism, at this time we have not found any recorded evidence of the specific discriminatory chanting referring to Rio and Anton Ferdinand."

Fare did not have its own observers at the match and said it had pulled together evidence, including "media comment".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You normally make sensible posts. You've let yourself down with this.

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
Did anyone see the Darts last Night from Glasgow? Phil taylor spat at during his walk on . 5 games played ,4 English winners none interviewed Thornton won and got interviewed RACISM AT ITS BEST.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ban yourself for racism, that is unacceptable. Have you not heard a white man cannot say anything about a black man without it being racially aggravated?

Everyone seems to be in such a hurry to scream 'racism' these days.

A customer asked, "In what aisle could I find the Irish Sausage?"

The clerk asks, "Are you Irish?"

The guy, clearly offended, says, "Yes I am.. But let me ask you something... "If I had asked for Italian sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian?

Or, if I had asked for German Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German?

Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog, would you ask me if I was Jewish?

Or if I had asked for a Taco, would you ask if I was Mexican?

Or if I asked for Polish sausage, would you ask if I was Polish?"

The clerk says, "No, I probably wouldn't."

The guy says, "Well then, because I asked for Irish sausage, why did you ask me if I'm Irish?"

The clerk replied, "Because you're in Halfords."

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Because it was putting Rio and Anton in and on it.

While Rio was BOUND to get some stick for his trip to the Middle East rather than playing for England, there was no reason to slag off Anton as well. Does rather suggest that it was started by blinkered Chelsea pro-JT brigade who will slag off the Ferdinands for daring to speak up against their beloved JT.

Support for a racist, and slagging off his black victim(s), hmm, it's not good is it.

What a load of shit !!
Maybe it just so happens people are sick of both sulky ****ers whining on twitter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here