Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England Euro Squad announcement

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Good. Wouldn't rely on him when the going gets tough, illustrated by the way he 'limped' off when Coventry equalised in the semi and missing games in Europe through 'illness.' 'His' (yeah right) school dinner campaign elevated his status to somewhere between Mother Theresa and Ghandi and resulted in a huge contract at Man United which he's done little to justify. He's also extremely greedy, he rarely passes even when a team mate is in a better position to score.
Bit much.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Trafford, Quansah, Konsa/Dunk, Jones, Wharton, Eze, Gordon to be left out I reckon.

Guehi may allow both Konsa and Dunk to fit into the squad if he isn't fit enough. One start since he limped off at the Amex in February.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good. Wouldn't rely on him when the going gets tough, illustrated by the way he 'limped' off when Coventry equalised in the semi and missing games in Europe through 'illness.' 'His' (yeah right) school dinner campaign elevated his status to somewhere between Mother Theresa and Ghandi and resulted in a huge contract at Man United which he's done little to justify. He's also extremely greedy, he rarely passes even when a team mate is in a better position to score.
Bit harsh. Every striker worth their salt is extremely greedy. Goes with the turf. Rashford clearly has some personal demons going on at the moment, so almost certainly the right decision to bypass him for now. Hopefully he'll sort himself out and come back stronger 🤞

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Trafford, Quansah, Konsa/Dunk, Jones, Wharton, Eze, Gordon to be left out I reckon.

Guehi may allow both Konsa and Dunk to fit into the squad if he isn't fit enough. One start since he limped off at the Amex in February.
In my opinion, Gordon is the single most exciting wildcard off the bench. I think he HAS to go.

If a game needs changing or an opposition are seeking an equaliser and we are looking to counter, he would be absolutely perfect to bring on.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Grealish and Maddison in there on reputation rather than form. You can't afford a player that fizzles in and out of games at this level. I'd take Gordon over either of those two.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Grealish and Maddison in there on reputation rather than form. You can't afford a player that fizzles in and out of games at this level. I'd take Gordon over either of those two.
In my opinion, Gordon is the single most exciting wildcard off the bench. I think he HAS to go.

If a game needs changing or an opposition defence are seeking an equaliser and we are looking to counter, he would be absolutely perfect to bring on.
Not saying you're both wrong, but two friendly appearances imply that Southgate isn't quite on the same wavelength as both of you. I think it is probably not Gordon vs Maddison, but Gordon vs Grealish, and I don't think Anthony will make the cut.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's 4 players in there I have never heard of.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Only left sided defender being Shaw is a bit odd, thought Rico Lewis or Levi Colwill should've got a fair shout. Wharton deserved ultimately, Trafford useless but U21 keeper. Curtis Jones, baffling, especially with Harvey Elliott available.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Only left sided defender being Shaw is a bit odd, thought Rico Lewis or Levi Colwill should've got a fair shout. Wharton deserved ultimately, Trafford useless but U21 keeper. Curtis Jones, baffling, especially with Harvey Elliott available.
Colwill baffling to me tbh. If it is about his fitness/injury record this season, then what is Guehi doing there.

Rico Lewis still a baby.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
...so you're not a fan, then?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That squad is heavy on centre backs and No. 10s, light on full-backs and centre mids.

Southgate has dicked around with Kalvin Phillips and Hendo for 2 years and now we go into a tournament completely reliant on Rice, with Jones, Mainoo and Wharton having f**k all caps between them.

Ben White and Levi Colwill should have been getting regular game time for most of the last 2 years. Both decent full-backs option and decent centre back options. Apart from that, White is also a handy Defensive Midfielder and team-mate of Rice too, so that would have been a potential pairing with experience of playing together. It shouldn't have come to this.

Bottom line - we have world class players in Bellingham and Kane, then Palmer, Foden and Eze are bang in form, Rice has had a great season but I have no idea who will partner him or who will be LCB or LB.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So England have named 33 players in this squad and they’ll have tell 7 they’re not wanted. Do other countries also do this?

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
I think all 6 midielders will remain, each showed a lot of quality this season.

The 7 not travelling:
Henderson
Quansah
Dunk
Bowen
Toney
Gordon
Grealish

Gutsy leaving out Rashford, he’s had a poor season.
Henderson's not in the squad. Agree with the rest of the list save Gordon, he deserves to go to Germany.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

If a game needs changing or an opposition are seeking an equaliser and we are looking to counter, he would be absolutely perfect to bring on.
Agree. Better than sock boy IMO. Sock boy has become terribly predictable. On the left wing, receives the ball, passes it back, rinse and repeat. zzzzzzzzz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here