Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enciso gets the Number 10

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
And now he's back Feb after another operation on his knee (maybe the sad face explained)
Where have you seen this?

Presumably this will be ... Feb at the earliest assuming the op goes as expected.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And now he's back Feb after another operation on his knee (maybe the sad face explained)
The sad face was clearly something to do with the injury. It was a textbook Premier League footballer 'poor me' post.

Gutted for him though, we'd have picked up a few more points this season if he'd have been fit. Hope we can get him back for the Europa League last 16.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wonder if we have any recalls on our loans. JS & AS would be better options than teenagers or Milner.
I'd very happily welcome any of Sima, Sarmiento, Moran and Alzate to our current squad. Any / all of them would be very useful right now, and would be getting playing time.

Sarmiento back here in January, looks, in the short term at least, to be a very attractive option.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'd very happily welcome any of Sima, Sarmiento, Moran and Alzate to our current squad. Any / all of them would be very useful right now, and would be getting playing time.

Sarmiento back here in January, looks, in the short term at least, to be a very attractive option.
With Welbeck , Pedro and Ferguson leading the line . Where does Sima fit in ? I think we overestimate how much game time we can offer.
Is Alzate going to get game time ahead of Lallana, Gross, Hinshelwood, Buonanotte, Gilmour in January / early Feb and then how much when Ansu Fati and Enciso return ?
Sarmiento perhaps given AFCON and the Asia Cup etc but its really a couple of games in January.
And assumes we won't be buying players.

We will.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
With Welbeck , Pedro and Ferguson leading the line . Where does Sima fit in ? I think we overestimate how much game time we can offer.
Is Alzate going to get game time ahead of Lallana, Gross, Hinshelwood, Buonanotte, Gilmour in January / early Feb and then how much when Ansu Fati and Enciso return ?
Sarmiento perhaps given AFCON and the Asia Cup etc but its really a couple of games in January.
And assumes we won't be buying players.

We will.
I hope most should get game time in front of Lallana and Buonanotte on their current form.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I hope most should get game time in front of Lallana and Buonanotte on their current form.
Buonanotte scored a lovely goal against Chelsea - he’s very young and needs the minutes to develop and play himself into the speed and strength of top level football. Without careful management of his minutes - including regular playing time - he’s in danger of his development slowing down.

He’s not tearing up the league, but he’s a good squad asset for us to keep nurturing slowly and surely.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Buonanotte scored a lovely goal against Chelsea - he’s very young and needs the minutes to develop and play himself into the speed and strength of top level football. Without careful management of his minutes - including regular playing time - he’s in danger of his development slowing down.

He’s not tearing up the league, but he’s a good squad asset for us to keep nurturing slowly and surely.

I think he is going to be something special. And I don't recall Biss, AliMac or Caicedo tearing up the league in their first few games for us :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think he is going to be something special. And I don't recall Biss, AliMac or Caicedo tearing up the league in their first few games for us :thumbsup:

Biss took a very long time to add something consistently, possibly a couple of seasons. Until then we warmed to his pace (finally we had some in CM after Propper/Stephens), smiley face and dance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Buonanotte is improving rapidly. He's fine playing at 10. He's not a winger though. The lad's got a boat load of technique for his age but has struggled with the physical side. That's only going to get better with strength training and playing.

We need to be careful here, we could be in a position where we can barely put a team out in January but by mid-Feb we could have everyone back except March and be struggling to give people games.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

You may be right - I do hope so . However, I don't think he deserves a regular starting slot at the moment - he is far too slight and rarely performs . I guess if injuries weren't so prominent for us he would be loaned out to a Lower League side but at times it seems like we are only playing with 10 in our side with him on the pitch . We all see it differently though . UTA :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here