Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enciso gets the Number 10

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I hope most should get game time in front of Lallana and Buonanotte on their current form.
Lallana and Buonanotte are incnsistent but both have had some excellent games recently.
But blimey Alzate and Sarmiento are also inconsistent in terms of their form (for Albion) and not 100% fit either.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lallana and Buonanotte are incnsistent but both have had some excellent games recently.
But blimey Alzate and Sarmiento are also inconsistent in terms of their form (for Albion) and not 100% fit either.
Are they not fully fit?

Alzate has played every single Standard game since he signed in August, apart from one on the 24th September when he was serving a 1 match ban

Sarmiento has featured in 17 of West Brom's 22 Championship matches, including the 8 most recent.

:shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Unpopular opinion alert: Sarmiento has flair but isn’t particularly effective at PL level. If we’re needing to recall him in January then we’re in trouble.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unpopular opinion alert: Sarmiento has flair but isn’t particularly effective at PL level. If we’re needing to recall him in January then we’re in trouble.
It’s true. See also Alzate

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
'Isn't', in the present tense?

He hasn't played a PL match in two years, since when he's had two seasons of regular senior football.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'd very happily welcome any of Sima, Sarmiento, Moran and Alzate to our current squad. Any / all of them would be very useful right now, and would be getting playing time.

Sarmiento back here in January, looks, in the short term at least, to be a very attractive option.
According to Rangers fans Sima is not PL standard. Whether this should be taken with a large pinch of salt, as they want to sign him for a lower fee than a PL standard player would go for, I'm not sure.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think he is going to be something special. And I don't recall Biss, AliMac or Caicedo tearing up the league in their first few games for us :thumbsup:
Don't be ridiculous. All players must slot seamlessly into the team and be immediately brilliant - otherwise they're clearly a disastrous signing. I mean look at that Michel Kuipers bloke we subbed off halfway through his league debut, never to be seen again.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't be ridiculous. All players must slot seamlessly into the team and be immediately brilliant - otherwise they're clearly a disastrous signing. I mean look at that Michel Kuipers bloke we subbed off halfway through his league debut, never to be seen again.

So Pascal is going to have to play games all on his own now ? :wink:

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It’s a tough one and lots of different factors to consider.
The players mentioned were all sent out on loan to assist there development. Some of those players may also not be in our long term thinking.
Bringing a player back to fill a short gap of a month to ultimately then return to the bench or out the match day squad may well hinder the development plan we have for them.
Think it will be more likely we fill positions with players we have targeted long term like Barco ect. Worst thing is they come here and get minutes early on.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think Buonanotte has improved. Granted, he's inconsistent but hes young.
He got kicked all over the place against Marseille ref didn’t protect him at all. He’s a tough little fella who is as you say improving. It took Mac an age to handle the PL so he’s actually doing ok.
Side note the player 99 for Marseille is a quality CB.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It’s a tough one and lots of different factors to consider.
The players mentioned were all sent out on loan to assist there development. Some of those players may also not be in our long term thinking.
Bringing a player back to fill a short gap of a month to ultimately then return to the bench or out the match day squad may well hinder the development plan we have for them.
Think it will be more likely we fill positions with players we have targeted long term like Barco ect. Worst thing is they come here and get minutes early on.
I REALLY hope we get Barco.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'Mr Lion' CATEGORICALLY confirmed the sad face was NOTHING to do with his injury, right @Sheebo ?

Edit - found it

Also that Welbeck was in the squad for Marseille and Veltman wasn’t - but as he guessed a couple of obvious team selections correct there was a narrative it wasn’t a 15 year old kid on his phone and someone actually in the know of the Albion team 24hrs before the games 🤦🏻‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here