Elphick's treatment today...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Ok so he was very very poor and made mistakes. But you could see his confidence was all over the shop and at half time all of our team ran off down to the changing rooms together leaving Elphick out on the pitch. Virgo (who was only a sub warming up at this point) was the ONLY player to give Elphick a pat on the back, as it was obvious his head was in a bad place.

Also when Elphick got subbed, Slade gave him a look of evil, as Elphick walked straight past him and sat on the bench. Then I swear I saw Slade lay-in to him. Maybe Elphick is one of the players that is not fully behind Slade? I think Elphick KNEW that he had been poor, and maybe a different approach rather than shouting at him like a schoolkid is needed here? His confidence must be at an all time low and it showed.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He has gone to pieces with Slade in charge. Very sad to see.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Ok so he was very very poor and made mistakes. But you could see his confidence was all over the shop and at half time all of our team ran off down to the changing rooms together leaving Elphick out on the pitch. Virgo (who was only a sub warming up at this point) was the ONLY player to give Elphick a pat on the back, as it was obvious his head was in a bad place.

Also when Elphick got subbed, Slade gave him a look of evil, as Elphick walked straight past him and sat on the bench. Then I swear I saw Slade lay-in to him. Maybe Elphick is one of the players that is not fully behind Slade? I think Elphick KNEW that he had been poor, and maybe a different approach rather than shouting at him like a schoolkid is needed here? His confidence must be at an all time low and it showed.

His confidence has nothing to do with it because he's been just as bad with his confidence up. Poor player in all departments. Not a leader and dosen't take responsibility in committing himself to the ball.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps many people underestimated the influence of Guy Butters alongside Elphick two seasons ago?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Harsh as it may seem, he ought to be playing in the reserves until his confidence comes back in my mind. He was at sea for Oldham's 2nd last
week too.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Perhaps many people underestimated the influence of Guy Butters alongside Elphick two seasons ago?

Precisely, our defence desperately needs an experienced centre half who can organise and take charge of situations as and when they arrive, neither Elphick or Tunnicliffe have the experience and I thought at kick off the pairing were wrong.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
the players have every right to be pissed off with elphick, he may be a fans favourite but he has been poor this season and let his colleagues down on numerous occasions.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

how many games did those two actually play together though? el abd played a number of games alongside him at the start of the season, and then lynch was in the side towards the end of the season - the two of them together were superb, especially at forest

oh for the days when we had two promising centre backs and could keep clean sheets at places like the city ground and elland road

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports