Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick's treatment today...

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
El-Abd is underestimated. He took some wicked balls to the body, and made some good blocks. Had an all right game, IMO like.

Firstly I agree that Elphick did not play well today, but why does that mean we have to slate him. He does not go on the pitch intending to make mistakes. I would love to see some of you perfect people at work, and have a few thousand give you stick every time you dared to do something they didn't like.
Secondly, he did play better with both Butters and Lynch. The reason I think is the right/left footed partnership. Today and for quite a few games this season he has had to play as the left sided partner and he does not look comfortable in that position. When the ball is passed to him he is often in the wrong position to play it comfortably and is looking for it on his right foot.

I think he is still and will be again a good player, unless as lots of Albion fans seem keen to do we manage to destroy his confidence completely. He is one of our better young players, give him a break.

Another one happy to cuddle and mother poor :mendoza:

Yes, "give him a break" by loaning him off to Aldershot.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For crying out loud!! You people take the biccy, what are you all, his mothers??
He is a professional football player, not a poor little boy you want to cuddle - stop feeling sorry for him and start thinking about the club sinking down the league while losing supporters at the turnstiles - this is a business not a movie where you can shed a tear for the poor saddo who doesn't get the girl. People are spending their hard-earned to watch their local team fairy around shipping goals to the worst teams in the division! We will be in the Conference with you feeling sorry for Elphick!!

This stuff defies belief. :wozza:

All he needs is a cuddle.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I could do with a bloody big cuddle and for someone to tell me they love me at the moment :down:

andrew-and-aaron.jpg

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Ok so he was very very poor and made mistakes. But you could see his confidence was all over the shop and at half time all of our team ran off down to the changing rooms together leaving Elphick out on the pitch. Virgo (who was only a sub warming up at this point) was the ONLY player to give Elphick a pat on the back, as it was obvious his head was in a bad place.

Also when Elphick got subbed, Slade gave him a look of evil, as Elphick walked straight past him and sat on the bench. Then I swear I saw Slade lay-in to him. Maybe Elphick is one of the players that is not fully behind Slade? I think Elphick KNEW that he had been poor, and maybe a different approach rather than shouting at him like a schoolkid is needed here? His confidence must be at an all time low and it showed.

oh didumms.Lets have a bit of backbone.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
El-Abd poor? HOW? He is playing out of position, with no left foot, hes left exposed the time. The one error was when him and Elphick went for the same ball. Elphick was giving him shitty instructions all game pulling him out of position. The only criticism is where he backs off a player running at him.

Agreed apart from Virgo was shite, kept trying to put the ball into orbit.

How do you know that Virgo was not acting under instruction. At 3-3 Slade might well have said to him just to keep the ball in Hartlepools half as much as possible bearing in mind how many mistakes we made when we tried to play out from the back in the first half, but no it must be that Virgo is crap.
Some of our fans are so quick to have a go at any player in our team, when are they going to wake up and realise that at the moment these are the players we can afford and can attract. If you don't think they are good enough go and watch a better team. Get real.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Lynch and Elphick :laugh:

You have to be fishing mate, those two are the poorest excuse for a defensive 'partnership' I have ever seen in my life.

i take it you didnt see us much in the latter half of 2007-08 then? forest away, leeds away, doncaster home, bristol rovers away all spring out as games that they were SUPERB defensively

keeping clean sheets at places like elland road and city ground seems miles away from the shower of shit being served up now - so to describe then as "the poorest excuse for a defensive partnership i have ever seen in my life" is nothing short of moronic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here