Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett song last night

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
yeah the lyrics are cringey and it was sung too long last night, but fact is it caught on and sounded really loud which can only be a good thing. Same as the Ankergren song.

What the "ultras" or whatever the hell they are calling themselves now do need to get into their head is that the reason nobody is singing their crappy songs about Calderon and the drinking to Poyet (a rather poor rip off of a Cantona song) is because they aren't very good. Time to give up on those.

Another one that was a bit embarrassing was a song last night about we "want tappy football back" and "we play like Uraguay" or something like that. Well yeah it's been great to have, but what we want above all is a win, the manner of the win is irrelevant.

Its definitely not time to give up on the classics though. If you still hate Bellotti sounded so good and loud last night!!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
f***ing love the Bennett song. Everyone involved last night take a bow, Sounded amazing on the radio & soooooo much better than the usual guff.
Would be great if we could get 'Blue Noone' & 'I just can't get enough' going now.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Sick of people moaning about this sort of thing, its EXACTLY the problem with the Withdean. FCUM proved you can make an atmosphere, the South Stand was absolutely rocking when Bridcutt laced in his volley against Carlisle, it can be done, but as soon as one person, or a small group of people, try and get a song going, there's someone there to say "that's shit" or "it makes me cringe". Here's an idea, f***ing shut up. No-one cares if it doesn't live up to your lofty standards, unless you own Sony and know exactly what a good song is. The key is it's making an atmosphere with a new song and that's what we so badly need. I agree some chants can be overdone - "youre f***ing brilliant!" was superb when done for the first time, and at the right time - but singing it at every game somewhat takes the gloss off. However, next time we batter someone by 4 or 5 playing beautiful football, I want to hear it again, and if you think its "cringeworthy", well TOUGH. Half of football supporting is about banter. Showing off and sticking it to the oppo. When you've taught them a lesson, you let them know you're good and they're shit. When a player has a repeatable song, you use it.

The irony is the same people moaning are probably the same people who sit in silence all game and then come on here to moan about the lack of atmosphere.

GOSBTS sung slow and loud by the whole crowd, 2 verses, 2 choruses, would be UNREAL. It's our YNWA or Go Marching In. We should value it for what it is, one of our few truly unique songs. It would be absolutely spinetingling. But you know we'd come back from the game and there's some WANG on here saying it's a shit song, too old-fashioned etc.

[/rant]

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Everyone has talked about the need for new songs for an age, and we should get a few going like this one is, before we start expecting perfection.
Better to sing than not to sing, and I obviously love the song!

Not sure who took this:

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can't believe people are moaning, it's a wicked song that everyone can learn with ease and it sounds good repeated. If we got a few songs going like this that sound good being repeated for 10 or so minutes at a time we would go some way to get a atmosphere like FCUM created at Withdean this year where they shamed our home support who whinge about anyone trying to have a little bit of fun.

I'll Get Me Coat

Feb 28, 2011
Worthing
I'm still singing it now, and the Casper one, kind of a medley really. They both lend themselves well to continuous singing and repetition which a lot of the traditional club songs don't.

I've been singing it all day drove everyone at work nuts, now I'm home I'm driving everyone nuts here................classic !

The Laurel and Hardy tune in time with the 2 security guards walking was also very funny, basically the whole night in Brenford's back yard was a class nite out.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Bennett, Elliott Bennett sounds so much better than Elliott, Elliott Bennett

If you don't agree then you can stick rusty nails up your sphincter because you are wrong.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4001694 said:
Could hear it loud and clear on the radio last night. Yeah the lyrics are a bit.....hmm, but at least it's something f***ing different. At MK the other week we in the back two rows (the only ones singing) tried it and some bloke in front actually turned round with a look of disgust on his face then attempted to drown us out with a chant of AL BI YAWWWWN.

Me and Russ were in the back row at MK and joined in but it never seemed to take off , likewise the song to the tune of dale cavese died a death too.

I'll Get Me Coat

Feb 28, 2011
Worthing
Bearing in mind the original Buddy Holly lyrics, and our recent efforts on the pitch, shouldn't we be singing

"Brighton/ Why do you miss almost every penalty?/ da da da, da da da da da..."

Brentford fans could use it with a slight change to the lyrics...........................Dickhead/if you remove your shirt you'll be home early for your tea ! da da da da da, da da da da da..etc

and for the first eviction
Fat Boy/youv're eaten all the pies, just watch those calories/ da da da da da , da da da da da..ect

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But does it sound like heartbeat theme or stevie penny old classic?!!! Ffs some of us ain't heard it yet!! And yer trying to make it catch on so give us a clue!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought it fandabeedozee. Incredibly catchy and the da da da da da bits each sung in different parts of the crowd made it sound both a bit creepy and as if we were all in unison. Magic.
The critics who call it "gay" are fundamentally men who've sung in large choirs for most of their lives and are often found in the arms of other chaps during moments of shared euphoria. That's being a football fan, you see, often the gayest of habits.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Sick of people moaning about this sort of thing, its EXACTLY the problem with the Withdean. FCUM proved you can make an atmosphere, the South Stand was absolutely rocking when Bridcutt laced in his volley against Carlisle, it can be done, but as soon as one person, or a small group of people, try and get a song going, there's someone there to say "that's shit" or "it makes me cringe". Here's an idea, f***ing shut up. No-one cares if it doesn't live up to your lofty standards, unless you own Sony and know exactly what a good song is. The key is it's making an atmosphere with a new song and that's what we so badly need. I agree some chants can be overdone - "youre f***ing brilliant!" was superb when done for the first time, and at the right time - but singing it at every game somewhat takes the gloss off. However, next time we batter someone by 4 or 5 playing beautiful football, I want to hear it again, and if you think its "cringeworthy", well TOUGH. Half of football supporting is about banter. Showing off and sticking it to the oppo. When you've taught them a lesson, you let them know you're good and they're shit. When a player has a repeatable song, you use it.

The irony is the same people moaning are probably the same people who sit in silence all game and then come on here to moan about the lack of atmosphere.

GOSBTS sung slow and loud by the whole crowd, 2 verses, 2 choruses, would be UNREAL. It's our YNWA or Go Marching In. We should value it for what it is, one of our few truly unique songs. It would be absolutely spinetingling. But you know we'd come back from the game and there's some WANG on here saying it's a shit song, too old-fashioned etc.

[/rant]

Posts like this are why I rarely visit NSC these days.

Do people have to like it because it's new? What a load of old bollocks.

I sing and cheer at games and will join in songs I like, and refrain from ones that I don't.

Actually, let's get a scarf made up with GOBSTS on one side, and the Bennett song lyrics on the other.

I didn't refer to it as 'gay' because I'm not 12.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Repetitive songs sound great, it's always impressive when opposing supporters keep chants going for long time
The Brighton army were on song last night with the full medley

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I would love to hear this go on & on for ages;
"Gus Poyet ees complicated, Gus Poyet ees complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated, Gus Poyet ees Complicated.........."

You get the idea. It would make me laugh, a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here