Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett song last night

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I can't believe people are moaning about it going on for too long. When any group of fans sings the same song for ages it always sounds quality, the unrelenting noise is what you want in an atmosphere and that is how you back a team for the full 90 minutes without running out of songs to sing

As for the words, it's not the best ever but it's cirtainly not the worst. If people are waiting for a piece of lyrical genius or something really funny before they join in it explains why our singing has degenerated into two songs over the last couple of years: GOSBTS and (yawn) AL-BI-ON, AL-BI-ON

Any noise is better than nothing.

Spot on.
Everyone was creaming over the FCUM fans, and as soon as something SIMILAR (obviously not as good yet) is tried, it gets the usual "its shit" attitude. If we were sticking to original songs with proper lyrics, we'd be singing GOSBTS all night, which is what had happened at a few games.

Sandaza's Nose

Jan 3, 2011
Absolutely loving this chant! It's a welcome and refreshing change from the ever-so tedious 'Albi-oonnnnn' and the race over who can get through 'Gur-dol-sus-busee' the quickest. Those who are moaning...have you considered joining in? You might actually enjoy it!

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
The Bennett song is NOT wet, or embarrassing. It's fun, noisy and sounds f***ing brilliant when there's a low roof and everyone gets involved.

But you're right, we should never let the classic songs die. We need old and new. Lets get more good new songs out there, try them out and see how they fare. Bennett's song is a hell of a lot more popular than it initially was - I hated the EL-LI-OT extra syllable at first, but love it now.

So, to all the moaners out there, come up with some new songs and give them a go at games. If you're happy to slag others' efforts off, why not let the crowd decide on your creations.

Incidentally, we did the verse to GOSBTS slowly last night, but then it got cranked up to 100mph for the chorus for some ridiculous reason - it all needs to be slow IMO.

It would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing but when it comes to a football crowd it's important that everyone 'sings from the same hymn sheet'.

I stand by what I said, I think it's wet.

I want club songs.

In my humble opinion, individual player songs only work when they are really short i.e. Johnny Crumplin football genius, No No Nogan, Leon Knight, Knight, Knight etc.

The Casper one is ace because it's funny and a bit odd.

The 'runs down the wing for me' in the Bennett song makes me cringe.

I used to dislike I Wanna Be Adored by the Stone Roses but now I love it.

Maybe it's a grower?

Could hear it loud and clear on the radio last night. Yeah the lyrics are a bit.....hmm, but at least it's something f***ing different. At MK the other week we in the back two rows (the only ones singing) tried it and some bloke in front actually turned round with a look of disgust on his face then attempted to drown us out with a chant of AL BI YAWWWWN.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm still singing it now, and the Casper one, kind of a medley really. They both lend themselves well to continuous singing and repetition which a lot of the traditional club songs don't.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
How would you recognise it as the Heartbeat theme tune?
If you do, how can you call it cringeworthy when you've just accidentally admitted you watch Heartbeat?
Don't bring your poor taste in television into it. It sounded good.

WTF are you going on about? I defy anyone who has a tv in their house to not know the Heartbeat theme tune whether they watch the programme or not.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
it sounded very impressive on the radio and wish i was there to hear it! anybody at the game got a video of everyone singing it? would be good to hear :)

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
it sounded very impressive on the radio and wish i was there to hear it! anybody at the game got a video of everyone singing it? would be good to hear :)

I recorded a free kick last night and I think it was going on then. Once I get home from work I will see if it is worth uploading as it might be rubbish.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
I recorded a free kick last night and I think it was going on then. Once I get home from work I will see if it is worth uploading as it might be rubbish.

good stuff :) thanks a lot! i love this song :p

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bearing in mind the original Buddy Holly lyrics, and our recent efforts on the pitch, shouldn't we be singing

"Brighton/ Why do you miss almost every penalty?/ da da da, da da da da da..."

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
If you don't like it don't go :angry:, nothing wrong with supporting your team.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What's the point of changing it to Bennett, Elliott Bennett ? Just creates confusion, should stick to the Elliott,Elliott Bennett.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Does this song sound like the stevie penny song of old or not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here